Libre issues

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Two Qs.

One is about the best way to get hold of Libre sensors. I've always ordered them from Abbott. I live in Denmark and order them to my brother-in-law's, then pick them up when I visit. I didn't realise there was any possibility of actually buying them from high street pharmacies. (I've been off the forum also for a few years.) So - is there a better way to get them? I'm not eligible to get them on the NHS because not resident, and they're not really available in Denmark either. What do people do?

And second question is, scans on my reader and on my phone are not the same. Looking later at the reader raw data on Excel, it looks as if the reader is closer to the historic readings. But what have people found?

All answers appreciated.

Lucy

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @LucySW, I get my libres on prescription, but I don't see why you can't buy them from a pharmacy. I remember there was a discussion a while back where people said Asda pharmacy was the cheapest place to get them, I'm not sure if that's still the case though. I think my pharmacy only orders libres in for me so it'd probably be a good idea to phone up and ask if they have them available to buy and perhaps see if they can order them in for you, as you may be limited on how many you can buy otherwise.
I tend to only use the reader so cant offer any advice on that issue I'm afraid.

Reactions: LucySW