1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre issues

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by LucySW, Jan 13, 2021.

1. LucySW

LucySW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi. Two Qs.

One is about the best way to get hold of Libre sensors. I've always ordered them from Abbott. I live in Denmark and order them to my brother-in-law's, then pick them up when I visit. I didn't realise there was any possibility of actually buying them from high street pharmacies. (I've been off the forum also for a few years.) So - is there a better way to get them? I'm not eligible to get them on the NHS because not resident, and they're not really available in Denmark either. What do people do?

And second question is, scans on my reader and on my phone are not the same. Looking later at the reader raw data on Excel, it looks as if the reader is closer to the historic readings. But what have people found?

All answers appreciated.

Lucy

2. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @LucySW, I get my libres on prescription, but I don't see why you can't buy them from a pharmacy. I remember there was a discussion a while back where people said Asda pharmacy was the cheapest place to get them, I'm not sure if that's still the case though. I think my pharmacy only orders libres in for me so it'd probably be a good idea to phone up and ask if they have them available to buy and perhaps see if they can order them in for you, as you may be limited on how many you can buy otherwise.
    I tend to only use the reader so cant offer any advice on that issue I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook