Type 1 Libre Link app compatability

dazwalshe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anybody happen to use the libre link app on android on a HUAWEI P20 Pro mobile phone ? does it work aok?

I know this is a long shot, looking at replacing my Samsung S7 but can not find any information regarding if this will still work. (remember having to wait many months before it was compatible with the S7 !)

Many thanks in advance!

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure specifically about that handset but what I can tell you is that Abbott took over the development of the app earlier this year and it became available for more handsets shortly after. Restrictions on Android versions were removed and it works up to the latest Android Pie on my Pixel 2. However, with that freedom bugs are starting to creep in such as scans can no longer be set to 'vibrate only' currently due to a bug with NFC.

I'm not sure how you could find out whether the app works with a specific device without trying it because as far as I know the device restriction is a Play Store restriction not an app restriction. Users of the app by the previous developers were able to get it working on more handsets than were officially supported by acquiring a copy of the apps APK.

Reactions: dazwalshe