Libre & mySugr

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, anyone using these together?

I want to ask some questions but won't bore everyone if no one is.

Let me know and I'll start ........

indyjholtzmann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use both! I started using the Libre about 6 weeks ago but I've been using the MySugr app for over a year now and still using it with my Libre. I can try to answer some questions if you want me to? :)

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Great!

As I understand it, you still scan with LibreLink and mySugr picks up a change in the data and sucks from the app data (not the NFC sensor). From what I read it only takes the BG readings and populates the graphs. Is that all?

Does it start a logbook entry with the current BG value or do you have to re-enter the number and add the rest like exercise, carbs, insulin etc.

The reason I'm looking at mySugr is I want the security of a sync'd database, a search facility, and dare I say it, a reactive support and development team.

Thanks for your help.

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it only imports the graph - oh that there was something that melded all the devices to avoid duplication!

indyjholtzmann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They've actually removed the syncing with LibreLink for now so nothing's being imported (At least it has been on my latest version of the app, I can only sync it with Google Fit at the moment). As Books1 said, it only imported the graph rather than individual scans. You had to start a new entry and add them in manually.

The way I use it at the moment is I add new entries for all of my meals or snacks when I eat as I'm using the app as my bolus calculator. At the end of the day, I then add in any other scans from my Libre Logbook that I've done through the day. Gives me a more accurate average glucose and a1c guess with the more scans I input.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's very disappointing. I had an email exchange with mySugr a few weeks ago and she definitely said it hoovered up ALL the sensor reading's for the graph, but not as the current reading. On their website I read that it would pick up everything from the LibreLink app history, but didn't explain if that was just sensor BGs or logbook entries too. But now are you saying it is just the BGs for graph purposes?

Pretty darned useless I'd say if that is the case. The graphs on LibreView (& Diasend) are pretty good.

(sigh)

indyjholtzmann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've attached a photo from a scan I did when I woke up with the LibreLink app so you can see for yourself.

It plotted my overnight trend (the tiny dots) and that was it. The bigger dots are all scans I did on my Libre but I manually added them myself.

But like I said syncing with the app has disappeared at the moment so I'm currently adding everything manually.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171220-144904.png
    Screenshot_20171220-144904.png
    337 KB · Views: 690

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is certainly clear. Thanks. I wonder why they did that?

As an aside, I'm so close to kicking the whole thing into touch. Been trying to get my iron levels up by having some black pudding today, breakfast and lunch. Bolused what should have been enough and my levels have been in the 7s all day according to Libre. Just double checked with Accuchek Mobile and it's 9.7. Sheesh! How do they get away with it?

Last edited:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've attached a photo from a scan I did when I woke up with the LibreLink app so you can see for yourself.

It plotted my overnight trend (the tiny dots) and that was it. The bigger dots are all scans I did on my Libre but I manually added them myself.

But like I said syncing with the app has disappeared at the moment so I'm currently adding everything manually.
Hmm, thought I understood this. I can't find anywhere to tell mySugr to look at Libre. The documentation says it's in the menu, connections, but I only have Fitbit.

I even tried exporting from LibreView but it doesn't like that file. I suspect it might like the actual Abbott one that runs on Windows ( but I don't ).

I've sent them an email to see what I'm doing wrong but I don't expect them to respond until the new year.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the mySugr app and have been using the libre for about 2 years now. Anyway I find the mySugr app to be completely un0-user friendly there's just waaaaay too much **** going on for me. I use Libre and myFitness pal.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree that mySugr is a bit busy. I like the simplicity of the LibreLink app, but there are shortcomings. No backup/restore facility, so if you lose your phone or have to do a factory reset, you lose the data on the phone.

The data on the LibreView website is only visible through reports and some of the data is lost, and isn't analysable.

Exporting is only BG. Nothing else.

Poor and if you like to keep your data (for what I don't know, I have all mine for 6 years, never needed to look back more than a few weeks, and never been asked) then you're stuffed.

No search on the phone is a hassle too.

Nothing's perfect.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone using the Libre PC software to download from the reader (not phone)?

If so, could you help me by providing the header, and possibly the first line of data, from the export file.

This file apparently can be imported into mySugr, but NOT the one from the app LibreView.

I'd be surprised if the files were very different.

Many thanks in advance.