Libre on NHS

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Won’t hold my breath.
Anyway a bit of a non starter as it looks like I shall have to stop using it. Only managed to keep the last one on 48 hours and the mark underneath is nasty. Have one last thing that I was recommended to try.
It’s interesting to read on the Facebook page for Libre and Dexcom rash, how many people actually wear for around 6 months and then wham! The problems start.
In discussion with my diabetes nurse yesterday, it is not necessarily the glue, but the actual filament that you become sensitive to. It is covered with a chemical, which Abbot are currently researching to see if anything can be done about it. The irritation then occurs underneath the sensor making people think it is the glue.
As someone who is allergic to many medicines I suppose it was always destined to go this way.
In truth the whole saga has made me very depressed and I wish in someways that I had never used it.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel for you @Becca as it does sound an absolute nightmare when/if that starts to happen and there's 'nowt' anyone can say to make it otherwise, when they work properly they are the fabled 'game changer' but surely if it's the filament then Abbot will be duty bound to sort it, not least for their shareholders.

Good luck with your last thing to try!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w Thank you. Fingers crossed. The nurse said that Abbot will have to sort it but it could take a very long time. It won’t be a quick fix.

Reactions: kev-w

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
getting mine on the 17th :) its taken about 7 month or so

Reactions: kev-w