1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre on NHS

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Peppergirl, Sep 13, 2017.

1. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Won’t hold my breath.
    Anyway a bit of a non starter as it looks like I shall have to stop using it. Only managed to keep the last one on 48 hours and the mark underneath is nasty. Have one last thing that I was recommended to try.
    It’s interesting to read on the Facebook page for Libre and Dexcom rash, how many people actually wear for around 6 months and then wham! The problems start.
    In discussion with my diabetes nurse yesterday, it is not necessarily the glue, but the actual filament that you become sensitive to. It is covered with a chemical, which Abbot are currently researching to see if anything can be done about it. The irritation then occurs underneath the sensor making people think it is the glue.
    As someone who is allergic to many medicines I suppose it was always destined to go this way.
    In truth the whole saga has made me very depressed and I wish in someways that I had never used it.

2. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I feel for you @Becca as it does sound an absolute nightmare when/if that starts to happen and there's 'nowt' anyone can say to make it otherwise, when they work properly they are the fabled 'game changer' but surely if it's the filament then Abbot will be duty bound to sort it, not least for their shareholders.

Good luck with your last thing to try!

3. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@kev-w Thank you. Fingers crossed. The nurse said that Abbot will have to sort it but it could take a very long time. It won’t be a quick fix.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

getting mine on the 17th :) its taken about 7 month or so

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook