Libre on the NHS

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I have been using a libre for quite some time ( approx 8 months ) I started putting it on my arm and quite a few came off, so I decided to change completely I know put it on my belly. I know it’s not recommended but since I have put it there I haven’t had any come off, plus I have checked it against a finger prick on numerous occasions and it’s fine . Plus my HB 1 c is good too so I’ll keep doing what I’m doing . As a side note when I was diagnosed with diabetes 40 years ago I was told to inject in my upper arm , I decided not to , hey presto a few years later we were told not to inject in out arms , what I am saying is it’s not an exact science , I love with diabetes everyday so I do th8ngs which are not only beneficial to my diabetes but to me also One thing I have learnt in 40 years of having diabetes is there is always new technology and thoughts and advice and that will change constantly.

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been using a libre for quite some time ( approx 8 months ) I started putting it on my arm and quite a few came off, so I decided to change completely I know put it on my belly. I know it’s not recommended but since I have put it there I haven’t had any come off, plus I have checked it against a finger prick on numerous occasions and it’s fine . Plus my HB 1 c is good too so I’ll keep doing what I’m doing . As a side note when I was diagnosed with diabetes 40 years ago I was told to inject in my upper arm , I decided not to , hey presto a few years later we were told not to inject in out arms , what I am saying is it’s not an exact science , I love with diabetes everyday so I do th8ngs which are not only beneficial to my diabetes but to me also One thing I have learnt in 40 years of having diabetes is there is always new technology and thoughts and advice and that will change constantly.
You've got the right idea mate. Rule your diabetes and don't let it rule you.