Type 1 Libre people I need advice ASAP

Kyraa_00

IMG_0151.jpg

So this is now my third sensor and it’s never done this. I changed it yesterday morning and it didn’t bleed or anything was perfectly fine. I’ve just been doing my hair and realised it’s started bleeding all around the sensor and also coming up through the centre of the sensor as you may see - it’s not bothering me but why’s it doing this? Should it do this? x

steve_dear

No, it shouldn't. But sometimes the cannula hits a small blood vessel when inserting which leaks up into the sensor, hence the blood there. It's designed to cope with this and not affect readings.

Keep checking accuracy with finger price tests (they won't be exact but you should see a close pattern) and if it's not bothering you, you'll just need to wash the site when you take the reader off :).

Kyraa_00

No, it shouldn't. But sometimes the cannula hits a small blood vessel when inserting which leaks up into the sensor, hence the blood there. It's designed to cope with this and not affect readings.

Keep checking accuracy with finger price tests (they won't be exact but you should see a close pattern) and if it's not bothering you, you'll just need to wash the site when you take the reader off :).

Okay thank you!! It just panicked me as I’m quite new to it!! That makes me feel better thank you. x