Libre questions.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Kev - Going by your avatar you don't look like a bloke to argue with! :D so no wonder you got what you wanted!

Surely like any other pharmacy they could have ordered some and got it delivered the next day/48hrs?

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:p I'm quite softly spoken so what comes out doesn't tie in with my appearance :p tho I've always been ready to argue a point if I feel the point should be argued although my mates would say I'm a gobsh*e and that's probably not served my best interests over the years.
The problem we have here is the dispensing method, having just the hospital pharmacy order and supply, added to the numbers dispensed at one go, 2 sensors, 4 sensors 6 sensors, a 6 month trial supply issued in 3 lots which works for a short staffed clinic but not for the supply chain....

My issue is the 6 month audit to keep the device, and my test strip usage reduction as you can bet your bottom dollar there'll be no edit function to note test strip usage between prescriptions and the CCG say 0.5 strips a day is cost neutral (it's not but....) and I feel it skews the data by having a break in it so if I'm going to do this (and change after 33 years pulls my chain) I'm going to do it properly.

Reactions: porl69 and slip

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Interesting how that often happens in so many walks of life isn't it, people tend to only want to bend rules or seriously help people of when there really isn't an option anymore. I really don't know how you deal with the whole prescription process in general here in the UK, I always just grab as much as possible in one go whenever I go back so I don't have to deal with all those effing paper prescriptions and what not. Digital records shared between the entire healthcare system, including pharmacies etc, is the way to go, no need to have someone write you a piece of paper that then gets consumed upon use.
Also I'd agree with @slip , you don't look like a bloke that should be angered @kev-w , even though I personally love an argument as long as it sticks to logic and not feelings. ;)

Reactions: kev-w and slip

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
even though I personally love an argument as long as it sticks to logic and not feelings. ;)

Do high bloods make you argumentative :)? They do me :p

I think T1 has made me prone to be argumentative, I do what works for me, having many things go wrong due to sugar hiccups whilst working around others, I find a single minded outlook helps me to survive, you can explain no end of times to someone what you're doing and why, but if they're not doing what you do, they don't/won't/can't 'get' it!

Saying that, kevlogic isn't always correct....

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Do high bloods make you argumentative :)? They do me :p

I think T1 has made me prone to be argumentative, I do what works for me, having many things go wrong due to sugar hiccups whilst working around others, I find a single minded outlook helps me to survive, you can explain no end of times to someone what you're doing and why, but if they're not doing what you do, they don't/won't/can't 'get' it!

Saying that, kevlogic isn't always correct....
Looking at my bloodline we're quite fond of arguing in general, but high/low sugars sure affect the eagerness to, or in some cases the complete disregard for the feelings of whoever I'm arguing with. I've been known to just explode and when people actively try to dodge the argument, I press harder. I would consider myself an unpleasant person to deal with on a good day, downright despicable when my sugars aren't in check.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7 days left, no update on the status or whereabouts of the other 4, waiting on the clinic phoning back to update me, as yesterday the reception thought I've had them, I managed to get a call back from a DSN but she was getting someone to phone me today.
As it happens I'm going to try to get to clinic today as I'm getting some shorter needles to try and it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone and collect my owed script.

Chance of that happening though..... :/ Cup of patience soon to be overfloweth.

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would consider myself an unpleasant person to deal with on a good day, downright despicable when my sugars aren't in check.
Maybe it should be compulsory then for us all to quote our bg level every time we post here? :) (pleasant at steady 5.2)