Libre Reader Won’t Scan

GeminiJohn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone yesterday I started a new Libre sensor with my phone and then went to scan with my scanner as I much prefer using the scanner to my phone...only for a message to come up saying unable to scan as started with another device...would anyone know how to overcome this problem so I can use my scanner as normal??

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always start a new sensor with my reader, then use my phone. You may need to use your phone for the duration of the sensor. Ring Abbott's tomorrow.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Abbot day if you want to use both the reader and your phone you must scan with the reader first. I think if you started with your phone there is no way to undo this. You will need to either use your phone and not the reader for this sensor. The alternative is starting a new sensor with the reader, but it depends on if you want to waste your current sensor.

Reactions: GeminiJohn

GeminiJohn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you start a sensor with the reader, you can also scan with your phone.
If you start a sensor with your phone, I believe this sensor can not be scanned with the reader.

I would take this as a lesson learnt. We are only talking about this limitation for 2 weeks. Any future sensors, you now know to start with the reader.

Thank you a lesson learnt ☹️