Libre readings in remission.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I stopped testing when I was declared in remission last autumn I thought I might as well pay for a Libre and see how things stand now.

At my favourite restaurant in Siena today, for the first time 4 years, they greeted me profusely like I'd not been away. I told Lella (the cook) I wanted a small salad and some salami and maybe a slice of crostino....

"Marco! Why you look so thin?"
"Lella! Why you look so beautiful?"

Being remembered is such a nice thing.

Look what arrived...

Screenshot_20220429-192208_F-Stop-01.jpeg

That was at 2pm. I was expecting an explosion as that's probably 3 or 4 days worth of carbs compared to my usual. But... It looks broadly similar to the small pear juice I had an hour earlier!

Maybe I really am "fixed"?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-185449_DiaBox.png
    Screenshot_20220429-185449_DiaBox.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 119

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of that looks low carb, apart from the bread, but there were sufficient fats to offset some of the carbs. If you also drank wine or alcohol then that would have lowered bg too.
So, yes maybe you are coping better, but if you are like me a piece of cake mid afternoon still send me sky high for hours, so carry on being mostly low carb and enjoy Sienna

Reactions: mymuk

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like a plate of antipasto, nearly all meat, great choice.
I understand you're having great success, this is wonderful, hard work paying off is pure satisfaction.
I saw your earlier post about the croissant, that was impressive.

There's a few of us on here who been able to reverse our T2 through lifestyle changes & now can tolerate carbs normally.
There's even a few unicorns who could pass a 75g OGTT leaving them in the grey zone of being a diagnosed T2 who cannot be detected by any of the main 3 tests. (Kraft Insulin Assay excluded).
I'd fall into this category & like you I basked in my ability to process carbs early days on this site.
Like you I wore a CGM this time last year, loads of screencaps in my post history.
Then I got a wash of survivors guilt, what was I doing on a public forum pushing my easy success down my peers throats.
I was still obese, I barely exercised outside dog walking, I still drank to beat the band, but I'd been granted this gift of reversal.

I gave the forum a break for a while, checked in but didn't post, then came back as a different forum member.
Outside of the regulars on here I realised most posts were newly diagnosed members in fear.
They didn't need fatty old me telling them to lose weight & hit the gym, so I came with a different tact.
Just keep it simple, get a meter, eat to the meter & research low carb.
If they want to see results they can read my older posts or look at my sig.

Now the reason I'm telling you, or anyone else reading, all this.
People like you are the success stories of this forum, we are the inspiration for people at their lowest point.
We are also the product of this forum, we need to pay it forward, that's where you come in.
People coming here for the first time will look through @mymuk profile wondering how to reverse this progressive chronic condition that Google told them would take 10 years off their life.

Love your posts, hope you stay around & pitch in.
Lets spread hope.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting hypo period last night. Down to 2.2 (lowest I've ever seen via measurement). Even though I went to bed just after a late supper of bean and tuna salad after spending an hour in hot springs in the woods near here.

Woke up with a cough and bunged up nose, so maybe it's a side effect of a cold ...

Screenshot_20220503-091337_DiaBox.png

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More than likely a compression hypo, when you roll over on your sensor in your sleep.

Reactions: mymuk

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting hypo period last night. Down to 2.2 (lowest I've ever seen via measurement). Even though I went to bed just after a late supper of bean and tuna salad after spending an hour in hot springs in the woods near here.

Woke up with a cough and bunged up nose, so maybe it's a side effect of a cold ...

View attachment 54399
Did you check it on a meter? Compression lows are common when you sleep on the sensor and aren’t actually real lows at all.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No meter here. I'll discount it then.