Libre reviews

charleym

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have many people had their libre freestyles removed from prescription following review?

After the initial 6 month prescription it took me 3 months to get the prescription extended as my DSN had to write to the surgery 3 times then I had to write in a complaint about the request being ignored. It then got extended for another 6 months without them contacting me.

After that it was reviewed over the phone along with my other meds by a GP who didn't know what it was so just renewed it for another year.

That's now ended and they're saying I can't have the prescription back without a review being done by the DSN but due to covid etc I have no next appointment booked and she told me previously there's nothing she can do after the initial request as it's the surgery's choice and nothing to do with her. My last diabetes review for the surgery was just me completing an online form which basically just asked me to confirm I have no neuropathy symptoms.

I'm aware my hba1c has increased in the last year and was told they'd be taken away if this happens so I'm expecting the worst. Wondering if other people have found this to be the case?

After a year and a half of having the libre I'm feeling lost without it. My levels are all over the place even more than usual and I'm scared to go out walking or driving far on my own as have become so dependent on that little arrow

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thankfully, my medication review is done by my surgery without me ... and seems to be a box ticking exercise because my experience is they don't know how to spell "Type 1".

Are you able to contact your DSN via email or phone to explain the problem?
My DSN is very approachable - I just send her an email and get a response within the next 24 hours.

My Libre prescription has always been renewed

charleym

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankfully, my medication review is done by my surgery without me ... and seems to be a box ticking exercise because my experience is they don't know how to spell "Type 1".

Are you able to contact your DSN via email or phone to explain the problem?
My DSN is very approachable - I just send her an email and get a response within the next 24 hours.

My Libre prescription has always been renewed
They reviewed everything except the libres automatically this time

I'm going to try DSN but she always says several months later my emails went into her junk mail and the diabetes clinic got rid of their phone number plus aren't working there at the moment.

Anything she writes to the surgery is ignored anyway. They've ignored my request through their online form for them to contact me regarding what exactly they want me to do and they tell you off if you phone them...

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was it prescribed by a consultant originally? Only they have the power to change it. My consultant writes after our consultations reiterating that I still fit the criteria. The Gp has to do as asked. Have you stuck to the agreement you signed when given it?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
When I was given libre it was on a strict 6 month trial

And it’s not controlled by my gp it’s all done with either my consultant or the dsn that works for her.. they then tell the go what todo

charleym

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was intially prescribed by the DSN but she says after that it's up to the GP whether they keep funding it or not.

The original agreement said my hba1c had to decrease, hence why I think they could take it away. Unfortunately everything went to pot over the last year and all my ratios changed working from home so has taken ages to try to get a hold on it.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
It was intially prescribed by the DSN but she says after that it's up to the GP whether they keep funding it or not.

The original agreement said my hba1c had to decrease, hence why I think they could take it away. Unfortunately everything went to pot over the last year and all my ratios changed working from home so has taken ages to try to get a hold on it.

That why it’s nice to have a dsn on your side.. you can try and justify it.. like less exercise due to lockdown etc..

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I got the 6 month trial I signed something she said it was so they could view the libreview that’s all they said! I asked what happens next she said you get another 3 months then it gets passed on to your GP