Libre scans per day?

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I now do zero scans.
Juggluco feeds to libreview, so my health team still get my data.
I then use Xdrip to feed to my watch.
I look at my watch a lot!
I'm aware that when I'm in conversation with people I will look at my watch. They must think I'm very impatient and rude!

Suzanne88

I used to be sparing on my scans, feeling guilty, almost thinking it was like another blood test and oh no not another one.
9 months on now, I just scan more and more, it's so much easiear to flatten the bg levels out.
Maybe 30 scans per day now.
What are others doing?
Hi Zinadane yes I scan about 25 times a day mainly because it fluctuates a lot of doing any sort of exhaustion.
So far my levels are pretty good.
Merry Christmas to you .
Cheers Swany

CheeseSeaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People arguing over silly stuff
They must think I'm very impatient and rude!
:) Totally get that - sometime explain that I'm checking my BG if people think I want to leave / them to leave etc - but massive leap forward not having to scan, plus the alarms are life saving at night if my BG drops.

Now running fully closed loop - so checking my watch less than ever, hoping at some stage to get away from a smartwatch from time to time and wear a nice watch my wife bought me - fingers crossed I'll feel relaxed enough to do that in the next 6 months or so

Reactions: oldgreymare

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I use my Libre 2 with my I phone and am forever tapping my phone so when I go onto sensor usage it is not unusual for it to say 200 - 300 scans per day !

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use my Libre 2 with my I phone and am forever tapping my phone so when I go onto sensor usage it is not unusual for it to say 200 - 300 scans per day !
I must admit that many scans would drive me scatty! Have you considered 3rd party software so you can get cgm from your libre 2?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I must admit that many scans would drive me scatty! Have you considered 3rd party software so you can get cgm from your libre 2?
Sorry might of mislead you a bit , my Libre is working as a cgm , when you go into sensor usage the scans per day figure is just how many times I have tapped the phone on button not physical scans ,that would not do my dicky shoulder a lot of good ,:)

Reactions: Zinadane

Job76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High readings
Yeah, the Libre 2 has a Bluetooth fuction making it a standalone CGM with the reader or your device.
Every 5 minutes an update. & alarms if things go wayward.
My alarms most of the time dnt even go off,,when you can feel it’s going low and scan and it shows low then it may go off

Reactions: Theresa

Theresa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used to be sparing on my scans, feeling guilty, almost thinking it was like another blood test and oh no not another one.
9 months on now, I just scan more and more, it's so much easiear to flatten the bg levels out.
Maybe 30 scans per day now.
What are others doing?
I have not long started using Lebra 2 sensor and I'm scanning every few minutes because it keeps loosing signal I don't want to go back the finger pricking again
Theresa

CheeseSeaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People arguing over silly stuff
Zero scans here too - wanted CGM long before 'those Abbott boys' admitted it would bluetooth every 5 mins - so went down the miaomiao and xDrip route to get BG on my watch

Now still using xDrip but direct connection to Libre 2, then sending that data to AndroidAPS for the watch data.

Still amazes me how far we've come in less than 10 years - after sooooo many stuck in the technology 'dark ages' of diabetes

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Just gone from Libre 2 to Dexcom One.
I have now managed to get X Drip to pick up the receiver and reconfigured G Watch/X Drip to collect and send data to watch.
Working well so far

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Well overnight, xdrip never missed a single reading.
It took some research to get the G Watch working but it's spot on.
Entering calibrations yesterday has meant the 5 blood meter readings I took have been within 0.5 of a unit compared to x drip.

Reactions: CheeseSeaker

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have not long started using Lebra 2 sensor and I'm scanning every few minutes because it keeps loosing signal I don't want to go back the finger pricking again
Theresa
Even if you have to scan it's still got to be better than going back to finger pricks hasn't it ?