1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre Sensor Allergic Reaction

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by paulpapa, Jan 17, 2017.

1. scassidy

scassidy · Newbie

I have also developed an allergic reaction like this twice. . A bright red cirlce with little blisters on it. I have been using the sensors for 5 months prior to this with no reaction at all. I dont want to stop using libre as|I love it but skin is sore. Any tips would be most helpful.

2. Eglinton71

Eglinton71 Type 1 · Active Member

I had an email from Abbotts yesterday in which they confirmed they are changing the adhesive formula in April. I had also asked how I will be able to identify the new formulation sensors but they didn't deal with this so I'm no wiser.

3. videoman

videoman Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well after about 11 months; the only reaction was AFTER a sensor had been removed was nice circle representing the size of the sticky bit. Absulutly no reaction at all!

4. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

There is a facebook page that I follow and apparently there are some sensors in circulation now (in Canada I think) which have a white soft foam adhesive pad so it may look different in appearance when we get it here. No markings on the box though it seems.

5. Eglinton71

Eglinton71 Type 1 · Active Member

I will email Abbotts again because they must be able to state which batch or serial numbers identify the sensors with the revised formula.

6. jeremywhittington

jeremywhittington · Newbie

I had a reaction with my last two sensors after never having had a problem with them for several months.

Attached Files:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook