Libre sensor pain?

Bryant2020

Hi all,
Currently had my libre sensor in for a 4 days and notice it’s been aching/like a bruising pain around the area and up my arm no bruising is viable but it’s very uncomfortable. Is this normal!? I’ve been using Libre probably since it was released so it’s the First sensor I’ve really had a issue with. The sensor itself reads amazingly and works fine it’s just very uncomfortable!
Many thanks!

Wayward Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been using the Libre since October. Most sensors have been great. However, I put one slightly further down my arm a few months back. That one absolutely caned! No bruising like yours, and the readings were fine, but it was not at all comfortable for a few days.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Mine always hurt my whole arm throbs the entire time it’s in... I don’t even feel dexcom sensors... I may experiment with alternative sites

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, I can sympathise with this. I sometimes find the sensors leave a tender area around the perimeter of the sensor. I have also noticed that since I started using them (and I do like them), my white blood cell count has increased, still within normal levels but it makes me wonder, does the body see the 'needle' or whatever it is as an invader permanently stuck in the body and fight to repair it? x

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
but it makes me wonder, does the body see the 'needle' or whatever it is as an invader permanently stuck in the body and fight to repair it? x

Hi,

I would imagine that is exactly what the body is trying to do.. Possibly attempting to eject the foreign body, like a splinter or an imbedded thorn?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Odd thing is I don’t feel any of this with dexcom

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I would imagine that is exactly what the body is trying to do.. Possibly attempting to eject the foreign body, like a splinter or an imbedded thorn?

Yep, I agree, it makes sense. I'm hoping it's not harmful in any major way because I do like using the sensor, hardly any finger pricks! x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, I agree, it makes sense. I'm hoping it's not harmful in any major way because I do like using the sensor, hardly any finger pricks! x

Hi,

Hope you're well.

I love using the Libre.
But also familiar working with wood. (The odd splinter.) The Libre or sensor filament is imbedded for longer than the average splinter. Then rotated on the site placment? In regards to just the flexible bit below the skin. Though some have a reaction to the sticky stuff.
I would imagine with better managment (hopefully.) as a result of use. No long term detriment..?