Libre sensor

T3gan

Hey I just needed advice I’ve been on my libre for about 1 and a half years and I use tagaderms too hold it down because as soon as I put it on my skin it’s already coming off but my tagaderms have started too burn my skin so I was wondering what else could I use?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried wearing a band?
There are some 3D printed ones on eBay.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No I haven’t do they not irate at all?
I have never used (or needed) a band as I seem to have sticky ski .
But other Libre wearers swear by them.
They are elastic aged so no glue to irritate and reusable so less rubbish for the landfill than Tegaderm.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No I haven’t do they not irate at all?

Hi,

I've used a variant to hold a Bluetooth bridge in place over a Libre & found them pretty comfortable.
Worth while shopping around though. Variety of designs & colours. Though the principle is the same.
Just search "Libre guardian armband" & they should come up?

One thought has come to mind regarding your skin irritation. Have you recently changed bathing products or deodorant?

Here is an example below on what you are looking for on the armband front. (I have no affiliation with this product or the vendors, but have used them for a couple of years.)
Hope this helps.

image.jpeg

Chelsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have (fairly recently) started on libre 2's and they seem to come off within a few days!! very glad uk gets them on nhs otherwise it would be a lot of money wasted! but...it is so fustrating when they dont stick or get sore!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have (fairly recently) started on libre 2's and they seem to come off within a few days!! very glad uk gets them on nhs otherwise it would be a lot of money wasted! but...it is so fustrating when they dont stick or get sore!
If your Libre falls off, contact Abbott and explain why it's happened. I've always found them very good at replacing ones I've lost due to lack of adhesion.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's still a waste of money if the NHS is paying for them, just because it's not your money.... o_O

Chelsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your Libre falls off, contact Abbott and explain why it's happened. I've always found them very good at replacing ones I've lost due to lack of adhesion.
yep just have done! :)