Libre Sensors Not Sticking

1claire

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone any advice on how to use rocktape to secure libre sensor to arm? Have been using tegaderm film with a circle of light card but the film peels off half way through the week.

1claire

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone any advice on how to use rocktape to secure libre sensor to arm? Have been using tegaderm film with a circle of light card but the film peels off half way through the week.
Also my skin gets very irritated - red with the glue on sensor and have been using cavilon pump barrier film spray before applyingoing sensor. Any other suggestions would be great.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use rocktape sometimes to give extra hold on a Libre sensor. I find it best to go right around the arm and secure the tape back on it's self. I easily get a week out of this. Gives a terrible tan line if you're out in the sun tho!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I use Opsite Flexifix with a square of lint over the sensor. It just about makes the fortnight and that’s with 4 one hour heavy swim training sessions in. Also use Cavillon underneath.

Teddysponge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hiya everyone, I have had a freestyle libre for about 3 months now and I really do love it, it has made my life so much easier but... I am having trouble with it sticking. It sticks down perfectly fine when first on but after a few days the sticky stuff starts to peel the sensor still works until yesterday (with 7 days still remaining) I caught it on the sofa and it stopped working and it's a nightmare at my pharmacy to get new ones on time even though I order them a week before. So I was wondering if anyone has any tips,cheap or home made remedies for keep it stuck down? Thanks.

Hi regarding your prescription problem, I had the same, my pharmacy would order them but they’d never arrive ‍♀️ So I switch pharmacy to boots, they had all 4 sensor on the shelf, then with the COVID-19 I decided to get my prescription sent in the post, I registered with Echo. Problem solved, no queuing, comes in the post, just perfect, even my insulin came in cool bags, I would highly recommend this. Regrading the sensors sticking, some do, some dont. If you speak to libre they will send a replacement if you knock it off. It’s annoying when it’s only been on a day or two, it must be a problem there end with the glues they use. Faulty batches maybe. I’m going to try the eyelash glue which someone suggested, that sounds like a good idea. Hope this helps