Libre Sensors

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, Just wanted some advice on the Libre 2 sensors. I’ve been using these since 2017 and initially had the Libra sensor with the reader. I then changed to a secondhand iPhone SE 2nd generation and used it successfully with the first generation Libre. When I changed to the Libre 2 I was unable to scan anymore. I’ve since found out the NFC wasn’t working on my phone. 3 weeks ago I bought a brand new iPhone SE third generation newest iPhone out I believe. I can now scan the sensors, but am not getting High and Low alerts. The signal loss alarm keeps popping up all the time saying Alerts unavailable. I’ve checked everything on the phone, all seems ok! Anybody else having this problem.

Thanks all.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I assume you did start the sensor with the phone?

Is bluetooth enabled?

Vicky19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If this helps my signal always how’s off and same even when my phone is next to me and have full signal. I always couldn’t get the alarms at one point. I reset my iPhone network and then they worked:

My diabetes nurse told me they have had alot of complaints about the sensor 2 and with signal and mike always comes up error scan again on 10 min.

I would reset your phone network and see what happens if not wait till you have to change the sensor.

Hope this helps a little x

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Ann48 & Vicky19

You are not alone in experiencing issues with Libre 2. I have frequently experienced the ones you describe as well others. I am told by the Pump Team locally we are not alone.

Hope you get things sorted soon

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If this helps my signal always how’s off and same even when my phone is next to me and have full signal. I always couldn’t get the alarms at one point. I reset my iPhone network and then they worked:

My diabetes nurse told me they have had alot of complaints about the sensor 2 and with signal and mike always comes up error scan again on 10 min.

I would reset your phone network and see what happens if not wait till you have to change the sensor.

Hope this helps a little x
Hi Vicky,

Not sure how to do that, I changed my sensor yesterday and deleted the app and reinstalled, it didn’t make any difference. I’ve turned the signal loss alarm off and don’t appear to get alarms now. I dipped a bit overnight and was unaware. My diabetes team gave me an Android phone for the sole purpose of scanning and getting alarms. That worked well, but always had to remember to carry two phones,

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
Hi, Just wanted some advice on the Libre 2 sensors. I’ve been using these since 2017 and initially had the Libra sensor with the reader. I then changed to a secondhand iPhone SE 2nd generation and used it successfully with the first generation Libre. When I changed to the Libre 2 I was unable to scan anymore. I’ve since found out the NFC wasn’t working on my phone. 3 weeks ago I bought a brand new iPhone SE third generation newest iPhone out I believe. I can now scan the sensors, but am not getting High and Low alerts. The signal loss alarm keeps popping up all the time saying Alerts unavailable. I’ve checked everything on the phone, all seems ok! Anybody else having this problem.

Thanks all.
It does it for me occasionally. But I think it's because my levels are changing quickly. Readings go up, or down until that occurs. Then when it works again it decides the number were incorrect and gives a different reading to what was expected.