Libre

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiteful people, noisy naughty kids
I am thrilled I don’t have to keep pricking my fingers anymore I’ve been given the Libra scan. I just scan the sensor and get my levels, it reminds me when to scan. I can keep my sugar levels where I want them,
I’ve been told I’m keeping my levels too low. I can no longer go to bed on 4.9mmol. I have to be 6+ I was not such a happy bunny, but my sugar levels are still in single figures all the time.
I’m hoping everybody with type1 will be able to have the freestyle Libre scan.

Since my last posting, my sweet husband passed away December 2017. It’s been a tough year everything that could go wrong did. I’d lost interest in pricking my fingers to see where my levels were, I didn’t go to the surgery to have my 6 monthly blood test, I ignored letters or made excuses why I could not attend appointments. I asked a dr at the surgery if there was bereavement help? I was given a telephone number. A young voice answered the phone I asked for an appointment to have bereavement councilling? I was asked why I wanted this councilling? I told the young voice I’ve just lost my soul mate and I can’t cope. She didn’t seem to understand and thought my boyfriend had left! I lost it and told her in very plain English that I hopped she’d understand, no one has walked out, my husband died, he got put into his box. Cremated, his ashes are probably back in Grimsby, now do you understand?
I’ll send you some leaflets before she’d finished I told her she could put the leaflets where monkey’s put nuts. End of conversation. Now 11 months down the line, it’s been hard, my two sons came to the funeral and had to leave the next day. The Cremation was just before Christmas. I refused to acknowledge it, I didn’t answer the phone. A family friend came, he’s stayed with me even though at times I ranted and raved.
I got a puppy Standard Poodle in August, he is now 5 months old and helped me so much as did my 4 other Poodles.
A few months after my husband’s funeral I didn’t care about me, I didn’t take sugar levels I just injected what I felt like into me. I went very seriously hypoglycaemic, the ambulance was called I was having seizures. They got my levels going in the right direction. That shock woke me up! I wasn’t admitted to hospital I had to go on for my dogs and cats.
Now much happier I have only got to get through the lighting of the star of hope followed by the memeorial.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brillant posting and great life story . well done you great to hear about the dogs and cats and sorry for your loss
but just carry on as you are yes check with a freestyle libre and if you need a very unto date system Accu check do a system via the docs you can have a very small implant and will last 180 days just scan and live your life .
glad you have a what i call a free spirit to heck with all the must do this.. must do that
but just keep an watch on things as you have not got hubby to keep a check very best of wishes
vic 63 YEARS ON INSULIN NHS 63