Libre2 results logbook

JGJ9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I've been using Libre for about 4 years now and am more than happy with it especially since it went to CGM recently without the need for Libre3. It makes getting current readings while heading round the golf course a lot easier. Initially, I found even the scanning was a great benefit over trying to find time to do a blood sugar reading but CGM is just a glance.

Anyway, I have found one problem on the app that is a bit frustrating. When I want to check my logbook to possibly add comments to saved readings, since CGM started with obviously an update App, getting into the logbook takes ages on my 2 year old Samsung A12 phone. Previously, it was generally immediate.

Has anyone else hit this problem and is there anything I can do to speed access up?

The only other niggle I have is with the alarms. It is so easy to miss them as they don't repeat. I used the reader as well before this latest update and that's what I used for the alarms. For example, I used to charge my phone overnight downstairs with the reader in the bathroom and it was definitely easy to hear in the thankfully, few times it sounded.

I just wish I could use both of them throughout the life of a sensor.

Reactions: Optium

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, and welcome, @JGJ9

I am sorry you have not had any response to your queries about Libre logbook.
Perhaps contacting the supplier, Abbot, would be a better option.
Hopefully they will provide specific advice for you.

sgm14

getting into the logbook takes ages on my 2 year old Samsung A12 phone. Previously, it was generally immediate.

Has anyone else hit this problem

Yes, I takes about 9 seconds for my log to open (on a four year old Motorola moto g6). Once opened I can change dates which works instantly, but if I open any log entry, then it takes another 9 second to return to the logbook.

and is there anything I can do to speed access up?

Complain to Abbott (although I am not sure if it would do any good).

The only other suggestion (which may or may not work) is "don't scan so much". You may not consider that an acceptable suggestion (as indeed I don't).

As an ex-programmer, I can guess what it is happening is that the software is loading the records for all 90 days that the app keeps. When you start using the app it only has a few records to read and does not take very long, but the number gradually increases and the processes gets slower and slower.
If you scan a lot, then after 90 days you can have thousands of records (Sensor usage says I have 2732.)

The good news is that, because the app only keeps records of 90 days, the time to open the logbook doesn't keep increasing after that point. The bad news is that if I am correct, there is nothing you can do - except scan less. But personally I would rather put up with the delay than do that.

If my reasoning is correct, then Abbott could certainly fix the issue. There is no reason why the app needs to load the records for all 90 days when you open the logbook. If it takes 9 seconds to read all the records, then (assuming their database is properly designed) it stands to reason that it would take about 0.1 seconds to read the records for just one day and so would not really be noticeable, even when scrolling through the calendar.

Optium

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ha
Hello, I've been using Libre for about 4 years now and am more than happy with it, especially since it went to CGM recently without the need for Libre3. It makes getting current readings while heading round the golf course a lot easier. Initially, I found even the scanning was a great benefit over trying to find time to do a blood sugar reading but CGM is just a glance.

Anyway, I have found one problem on the app that is a bit frustrating. When I want to check my logbook to possibly add comments to saved readings, since CGM started with obviously an update App, getting into the logbook takes ages on my 2 year old Samsung A12 phone. Previously, it was generally immediate.

Has anyone else hit this problem and is there anything I can do to speed access up?

The only other niggle I have is with the alarms. It is so easy to miss them as they don't repeat. I used the reader as well before this latest update and that's what I used for the alarms. For example, I used to charge my phone overnight downstairs with the reader in the bathroom and it was definitely easy to hear in the thankfully, few times it sounded.

I just wish I could use both of them throughout the life of a sensor.
I have the same problem (i.e. takes forever to load log book results) (13/04/24) I can find no fix for this issue
I have a samsung A12 phone as well
I,again, same as you, have a reader
Is there any help out there ?
Why hasn't Abbott done an upgrade by now and are we powerless to achieve a 'fix' for this issue (thoughts)

Last edited:
Reactions: JGJ9

JGJ9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since I first uploaded my query, I've noticed many others with the same problem. My logbook access now takes literally minutes. I'm surprised (and very disappointed) that the program hasn't been fixed. As a retired analyst/programmer, if any of my programs had stayed unfixed this long, I wouldn't have reached retirement age with the same company

Reactions: Optium

Al1999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Since I first uploaded my query, I've noticed many others with the same problem. My logbook access now takes literally minutes. I'm surprised (and very disappointed) that the program hasn't been fixed. As a retired analyst/programmer, if any of my programs had stayed unfixed this long, I wouldn't have reached retirement age with the same company
I have a Samsung Galaxy A70 and since changing to the Libre2 I have also been unable to open up the logbook at all. I have spoken to Abbott who seemed unaware of other people having the same problem. The person went through various checks on my settings but the logbook is still not working. She suggested that I buy an iPhone instead! I too think that it must be an issue with their app. Very annoying and it needs to be fixed soon.

JGJ9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a Samsung Galaxy A70 and since changing to the Libre2 I have also been unable to open up the logbook at all. I have spoken to Abbott who seemed unaware of other people having the same problem. The person went through various checks on my settings but the logbook is still not working. She suggested that I buy an iPhone instead! I too think that it must be an issue with their app. Very annoying and it needs to be fixed soon.
Yes, Abbott haven't performed well at all on this problem. It was September '23 when I started this and, as can be seen, it's a very common problem. The logbook is all but unusable now. I was disappointed to hear what you said about Abbott seemingly being unaware of the problem. I called early on and all they said was delete and re-install. A very temporary fix that loses your 90 day history from the phone so not a fix at all. I cannot understand at all why the fix has not been done. Makes me want to check alternatives...