LibreLink app not available message

Bookworm43

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my LibreLink has suddenly stopped working, and the app seems to have completely disappeared from the App Store. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on with it?

I use a libre 2 sensor. Any help is much appreciated

Reactions: musashi1605

Ms6282

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I rang them this morning. They updated the app and it’s gone pear shaped and requires major fix by the sounds. Been taken down and removed from App Store until fixed. How long? Told “soon” whatever that means. So back to finger pricking for now until sorted ☹️

Reactions: Eveytoz

Mcguinty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too. You can use something like Diabeto log to read the sensor but it’s a paid app. Use the free trial and then cancel.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oh dear just downloaded it yesterday in anticipation of receiving new sensor in a few days.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could this be the reason ?

In case the news hasn't spread to this forum yet...

From mid-July 2023, following a software update to Librelink, the Freestyle Libre 2 sensor will become a real time continuous glucose monitor giving minute-by-minute readings on a compatible smartphone.

Apparently, the updated Librelink will also allow glucose readings to be sent to compatible smartwatches (presumably without the need to use non-Abbott authorised third party apps).

Abbott should be communicating this to Libre 2 users over coming weeks.

This was posted in another diabetes forum. The source was a Facebook post from someone linked with Abbott, apparently...

• Informative
Reactions: JohnEGreen

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I downloaded update yesterday and as of 2 mins ago it’s working fine, am using iPhone 14 dunno if that makes any difference

• Informative
Reactions: JohnEGreen

marion73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine has crashed completely and now bot showing in App Store to reinstall. A furious as have had no notification from Abbott or my diabetes team. Go on holiday tomorrow so hoping is fixed soon or I’m screwed.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The advice elsewhere is that it is available for you to reinstall from your purchased apps.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not showing in App Store at all. Only new libre 3 app which is not compatible with libre 2 sensor
Correct. It is NOT available from the App store.
If you go to your purchased apps it is available to install.
This is described in more detail on other threads.

SimonEvershed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is the issue just with app on mobile device, do you think scanner provided will work if I start a new sensor?

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Correct. It is NOT available from the App store.
If you go to your purchased apps it is available to install.
This is described in more detail on other threads.
Did that still blank screen so not working for some

IG6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rang them this morning. They updated the app and it’s gone pear shaped and requires major fix by the sounds. Been taken down and removed from App Store until fixed. How long? Told “soon” whatever that means. So back to finger pricking for now until sorted ☹️
Same here. Updated yesterday and only get a blank white screen.
Deleted app and looked to reinstall, only to find it’s no longer available, only the Libre3.
Gave up on Customer Care after hanging on 25mins.
Emailed but no real response as yet.
Wondering if they will send out free sensors to replace the ones that can no longer be used??

KiwiDevonian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Me too. You can use something like Diabeto log to read the sensor but it’s a paid app. Use the free trial and then cancel.
I have just downloaded the Diabeto Log app and chose the 3 day free trial option. Thank you so much for letting us know about this, it's a life saver!

IG6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same here. Updated yesterday and only get a blank white screen.
Deleted app and looked to reinstall, only to find it’s no longer available, only the Libre3.
Gave up on Customer Care after hanging on 25mins.
Emailed but no real response as yet.
Wondering if they will send out free sensors to replace the ones that can no longer be used??
Just tried the reinstall from purchased apps on the App Store and it is working. Reads the current sensor also, so need to put a new one on.
Has lost all the previous data but thats available online at Libreview so no great shakes.