LibreLink bug?

ppaul1952

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed an odd 'bug' when using a Libre sensor? First, a little background - I've been using the Libre for 6 months now with no other problems at all, in fact I love it completely! For the first time in 53 years I now feel I have a full grasp of what is happening with my BG levels.

The only (slightly) annoying thing is this odd 'bug' which keeps happening. When I have scanned the sensor and obtained a BG reading and gone to the Add Note screen, the app displays a banner across the centre of the screen telling me that it is 'scanning sensor' (while being nowhere near the sensor). After a few seconds a pop-up screen informs me there was a problem scanning and gives me information on how to scan. Once I have cleared this screen I can carry on adding notes in the app. No data loss or false readings - it's just annoying.

I was using a Samsung Galaxy S10+ until the start of May when I switched to a Galaxy S20+. I have always noticed this anomaly. I am in contact with Abbott Libre customer service who say they have not come across this before.

Anybody out there in Forum World experienced anything similar?

Cheers.

Paul

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @ppaul1952 , welcome here!
No data loss or false readings - it's just annoying.
Yup, happens regularly and it has been happening for a long time. I agree, very annoying! Another annoying thing is library books. Turns out I often put my phone on my book and it always tries to scan them!

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using Libre for over 3 years and I have seen that maybe 5 times. IIRC it just goes after a few seconds so no real problem. I imagine it is something like an unfinished scan that is waiting to time out. Just a guess. Maybe if you are a bit more definite about holding phone in place for both tones to sound. Also could if be the frequency or rather infrequency of scanning. IE it's transferring more data.... Dunno. I'm really guessing now. Worth experimenting with technique though I reckon.

HTH

Good luck.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Paul,

Do you keep your phone in a case with bank card slots? Just wondering if your cards could be confusing the Libre app & NFC?
Do you possibly have NFC payment set up on your phone?

Pending on how long it's left between scans, there does seem to be a longer pause between the first little "sad tone" & the second "R2D2" fan fair?

What I have found out is some Samsung models have the NFC arial either in the battery with extra connection points aditional to the power's +&- or in the back cover? Which may become momentarily disconnected if the back isn't snapped firmly in place?
I use an old Note 4. It's interesting what you find out sourcing a new battery.

This is just supposition on my part.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, been using it for 7 months now and have only had a similar thing happen if my phone has been close to other things that can be scanned via NFC. I don't use NFC payment options so this reduces the interference so I've only had it happen a handful of times.

I'm using a Samsung s6 and have always been pleasantly surprised by how well it scans. When I first had the libre training they were adamant your phone wouldn't scan through clothes, but as long as I hold it still it will scan through a thick winter coat I have too. So your phone might well be picking something up that is a little further away and trying to scan that?

ppaul1952

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks to all for your responses. I have no bank cards retained in phone case, don't use NFC Payment options so really can't think of what can be behind this.

Update: Spoke to Abbott again today and the only (temporary) solution they can suggest at the moment is to keep NFC off except when actually scanning. I have shared your comments with them and they are going to continue investigations.