Librelink woes

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering if others have experienced any problems with the Librelink app?

I read the instructions from cover to cover last night but my sensor seems to have been ruined anyway :(

Brand new sensor applied this morning. Followed the instructions to start with reader then scan with phone within the warm up period so that I could use both (I like the portability of the reader when I'm out running) and this seemed to work.

After the 60 mins though....sensor error. Can't be read on either device. This is the first sensor that I've had DOA, my other faulty ones have all been very inaccurate. I can't imagine it's a coincidence that this is also the first time I used the app on my phone.

I'm so cross and upset right now as usually I have a spare sensor knocking around but I've had a very expensive month and put off buying my next batch of sensors until pay day next week. I'm not at all looking forward to a week of being (relatively) in the dark as I've pretty much worn a sensor constantly since March.

Something tells me my poor fingers will be seeing a lot of action in the next few days...

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find the LibreLink app is okay. It's nowhere near as easy to use as the reader is, but means one less thing to carry about which is sound!

That's the only problem I've had though.

Scanned the sensor with the reader and then with the phone within then hour and I've had no problems. Seems like you've done everything right so unfortunately it is looking like a shot sensor.

I'd give Abbott a shout and explain your situation, they're normally happy enough to assist providing you've followed their instructions properly. Which you have.

Grant

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sounds like a sensor failure rather than anything to do with the app. It happens sometimes. Just call Abbott to get it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, I'll be calling them first thing tomorrow. So annoying they're not open at weekends.

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I just have to update...

Rang Abbott first thing Monday and the replacement sensor arrived today (Wednesday) - pretty awesome considering it came from Spain!

New sensor is up and running and already tracking very closely - didn't dare use the Libre Link app this time, that can wait for when I'm next feeling adventurous!

Now if they could just make the darned things more reliable in the first place I wouldn't have to keep having them replaced!

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, I just have to update...

Rang Abbott first thing Monday and the replacement sensor arrived today (Wednesday) - pretty awesome considering it came from Spain!

New sensor is up and running and already tracking very closely - didn't dare use the Libre Link app this time, that can wait for when I'm next feeling adventurous!

Now if they could just make the darned things more reliable in the first place I wouldn't have to keep having them replaced!
In the end, it is all about customer service, even when there is a failure.
It is great that they know customer service is the reason why we use their product. If a problem does occur they are quick to respond. So far I am only on my 3rd sensor and all works well. This is the first sensor I am using the app with, which is great. I am only annoyed because I don't want the portable reader, so if anyone wants a portable reader at 50% discount - I will happily sell it to you.
I prefer to only use my phone (although the gf likes to scan me while I sleep to make sure all is OK)

Pabl8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

10 days ago I started a sensor with the librelink app and I had the same problem as 1abRat. After the 60min warm up period the app could not read the sensor and ended up asking for a new sensor :( Abbot agreed to reemplace the sensor but I have not received it yet.

Then I started a sensor using both the reader and the app as instructed. The sensor did work but always giving ver low values, around 4 mmol/l lower than finger pricks, completely useless. So yesterday I tried to start a new sensor with the app and it failed again (same problem as the initial one).

Conclusion, 3 sensors wasted in 10 days, I'm so annoyed. I've called this morning but they were having technical problems and I am still awaiting their call :mad:.

There is obviously some issue with the librelink app.

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the Libre since Christmas, and just ordered a new sensor. I was going to try and use both the reader and my phone ; am I right in thinking the two readers can't share readings, even if I entered both sets of data onto my MAC? I'm thinking that if I had some readings on my reader and some on phone, I will have gaps in the reports when I send them to my SN.

Sent from my D5503 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, also meant to ask, has anybody much experience of using the Libre abroad? Ie, on holiday through airports, in heat, in swimming pool etc???

Sent from my D5503 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Griffter15

Has libre link killed my sensor?
I've just had a very similar experience to the above. I started the sensor off with my reader. Then scanned the sensor with the app on my phone straight after. After the 60 mins was up I had a go at using my phone as my reader was upstairs. It failed to readand then went back to the apply new sensor screen.
Next I went to get my reader and scanned it but it said the sensor was finished and to apply a new sensor or try reactivating it. Waited another hour but the same thing happened again!

Annoying

Sent from my HTC 10 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has libre link killed my sensor?
I've just had a very similar experience to the above. I started the sensor off with my reader. Then scanned the sensor with the app on my phone straight after. After the 60 mins was up I had a go at using my phone as my reader was upstairs. It failed to readand then went back to the apply new sensor screen.
Next I went to get my reader and scanned it but it said the sensor was finished and to apply a new sensor or try reactivating it. Waited another hour but the same thing happened again!

Annoying

It's probably not what killed your sensor but you need to scan the sensor with the phone within the 60mins not after.

My reader has just killed a sensor all by itself today, Abbott are replacing them both so for the next two weeks I'm going to use my phone only. I feel like after having an initially brilliant run this past year my Libre experience has suddenly gone downhill fast! I'm hoping that the faulty reader has been the cause of all my recent issues.

I'll update if this turns out to be the case. I don't properly understand how a faulty reader can break a sensor but Abbott seemed to think it was plausible!

Griffter15

It's probably not what killed your sensor but you need to scan the sensor with the phone within the 60mins not after.

My reader has just killed a sensor all by itself today, Abbott are replacing them both so for the next two weeks I'm going to use my phone only. I feel like after having an initially brilliant run this past year my Libre experience has suddenly gone downhill fast! I'm hoping that the faulty reader has been the cause of all my recent issues.

I'll update if this turns out to be the case. I don't properly understand how a faulty reader can break a sensor but Abbott seemed to think it was plausible!
Yep I did do the phone scan within the 30 mins. Made sure of that because I missed that detail first time I tried to use the app

Reactions: 2 people

DaveType2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My problem with Libre is that the 'fibre' does not penetrate the skin but hits the skin and folds up. The second occurrence of this happened today. Abbot agreed to replace the first that failed in this way. Have yet to establish whether they will with the second one. Have used phone only with earlier sensors that worked with good results except that at some times a fingerprick test immediately after Libre test has produced widely varying results.