Libreview app acting strangely

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the last couple of days I've received a "Scan Error" multiple times on my smartphone from the Freestyle Libre Libreview app.

The thing is, I haven't tried to scan my Libre 2 sensor at the time, nor has my smartphone been anywhere close enough to the sensor for the Libreview app/NFC to attempt to scan the sensor.

The Libreview app hasn't been updated recently on my smartphone so i cannot understand what is going on.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so, were they able to fix it?

Thanks.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the last couple of days I've received a "Scan Error" multiple times on my smartphone from the Freestyle Libre Libreview app.

The thing is, I haven't tried to scan my Libre 2 sensor at the time, nor has my smartphone been anywhere close enough to the sensor for the Libreview app/NFC to attempt to scan the sensor.

The Libreview app hasn't been updated recently on my smartphone so i cannot understand what is going on.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so, were they able to fix it?

Thanks.

Hi,

Scan errors whilst not scanning your sensor?

Could your phone be near any other kind of NFC tag...? Which may activate your Libre app as a priority when scanning.
(I don't need to open the app on my device if I scan my sensor. It literally opens the app too.)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just another thought...

Do you have a "wallet style case" for your phone?
Do you have bank cards or possibly a "key card" that grants access to somewhere like place of work?
(Normally in a flip cover that folds round the back of the device wher the NFC antenna might be?.)

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Jape and Jay Lee.

My phone definitely hasn't been near any other NFC device that might trigger activate the Libre app.

I have spoken to Abbott customer services and they have gotten me to clear the cache of the Libre app. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Jape and Jay Lee.

My phone definitely hasn't been near any other NFC device that might trigger activate the Libre app.

I have spoken to Abbott customer services and they have gotten me to clear the cache of the Libre app. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Sounds like a plan.. :) Reboot you device when done? Can't do no harm.. ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happens to me every time I lay down my phone on a library book. (Very annoying too, as I often use my phone to keep my book open.) Those work with NFC too.
Whenever it happens again, do a double check on what objects are near your phone.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't mean to be pedantic - I am curious.
@DavidDK you mention scanning with the LibreView app.
I scan with the LibreLink app and use LibreView to look at historic data. Is it possible to scan with LibreView?