Lidl High Protein Rolls

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
aaaaaaah woe! woe! and thrice! wo!! :bigtears: :bigtears: :bigtears:

This morning I travelled for just over an hour to my nearest Lidl to fetch some more rolls. None to be seen anywhere. At first I thought I'd somehow missed the early baking, so looked around for a likely bakery assistant, expecting to be told, its ok, there'll be some in about an hour. Not on your nelly: "sorry, we do't do those anymore; I put the order in but they've been blocked. It's been a few days now." Poor lass had no idea why they've been stopped.

Oh, I'm devastated! Diabetics need those, they're the only bread we can eat (bit of a stretch, but you get my point). I know, she said, I've had other customers saying the same. I've told 'them' (them upstairs) but that's all I can do.

I asked her to report my complaint as well, because the more complaints they get, the better. Can only hope she will.

Has anybody else met with this disaster ? :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG I am going to get my supply in a few minutes.

Rather than rely on the lady you spoke to, perhaps write to Lidl themselves?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
The manager at the new Lidl in the next village told me they aren't a very popular item. He also said that Lidl do discontinue lines that don't sell well (like they did with that gorgeous Turkish yoghurt). He said the best way to complain is through their Facebook page as it receives more attention from the company.

He didn't actually say they were being discontinued though.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather than rely on the lady you spoke to, perhaps write to Lidl themselves?

Good point Bluetit1802. My problem is that I don't belong to Facebook, and don't particularly want to join just to register my complaint (though it's very tempting). I'll have to see if I can persuade one of the family to do it for me.

Thanks @Chook, for your words of comfort - I shall have to check around to see if there's another store within reasonable travelling distance, that is still baking them. Trouble is, they don't look all that attractive - you have to actually eat the things to find out how good they are. Even then, not everybody likes them, so I guess they're something of an acquired taste.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just been to my Lidl. There were 12 rolls in the basket, all warm and freshly done. I took them all :wideyed: .

I did notice they are a bit bigger than the previous ones I bought, a lot bigger than the lot they sold before that, and about the same size as the original ones when I first started buying them. Last time there was a scare about them being discontinued all it was was a change in reference number and the rolls became a lot smaller, but the same ingredients. It could just be they are changing the sizes again. Let's hope so.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mr Chook has just come home with eighteen (all they had). He's not diabetic but loves the taste of them and takes one to work every day for his packed lunch - so he had a bit of a panic when I read your post to him @Salvia

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will be topping up the freezer supply on Monday ... Just in case ...

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
The cob loafs are LC HP also

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:):)

Just been to Lidl and cleared the basket of the 12 rolls that were there. They are still the big ones.

The cob loafs are LC HP also

Do you know what the carb content is?

The Low GI loaves aren't low carb.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm worried now. Will pop to local Lidl tomorrow and see if they still have them.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got dirty looks when I took the last 20 rolls yesterday.... The bakery assistant was not impressed.
Annoying customers, they keep buying up all the stock of things that there's no demand for!

Reactions: Ultramum

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's like when they discontinued their amazing Turkish full fat yoghurt and I spoke to the store manager about it. The conversation went something like this

Me. Excuse me, can you tell me if you will be reintroducing the Turkish yoghurt?

Him. No, it was discontinued because it didn't sell very well

Me. Oh that's a shame, it was the best yoghurt I've ever eaten.

Him. That's where everyone else who's enquired about it has said.

D'oh.....

Reactions: Ultramum

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just been to Bordon Lidl and no protein rolls :arghh: The space where they once were is now occupied by 'NEW' Mediterranean rolls. Protein rolls are still on the Lidl website though. I will have to contact Farnham to see if they are still supplying them. No one else is allowed to go and buy them all before I get there...!:stop:

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No issues with my local store either... Always got them.

Reactions: Freema

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a reply from Lidl to my enquiry on FB. This is what they had to say:

Sorry to disappoint you, we do change our products from time to time for various reasons, and our protein rolls are not currently part of our range. Please be assured that we will pass your feedback on to the Buying team so that they are aware that you'd like to see them return soon.

It might be a good idea if everyone who likes their protein rolls and wants them to remain in stores to send a message via Facebook, otherwise it looks like we're doomed!:grumpy: