MagicFirefly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dangerous drivers
Marmite
We're all accustomed to it. You join a new support forum / group etc and you introduce yourself as having *Name *diagnosed *age etc. But we are not just diabetes. Who else are you? I'll start:

My name is Jen, I am 34yrs old and I am a first year student nurse. I love reading, especially Terry Pratchett. I love to cook. I am a lucky daughter to wonderful parents, a sister to 2 sisters and a fierce and loyal friend. I also love to sing and have a dream of singing on stage one day, at least once in my lifetime. I am currently very excited about an impending holiday to Turkey but I have a few months to wait yet.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Great thread idea.
My name is Pauline, I am a scrawny, old and broken female. I have three XL sons and three not so large grandchildren. I trained as a Nursery Nurse and worked in the field for a few years until it dawned on me that I actually don't like kids very much ;)

My dream is to fly in a hot air balloon along the length and breadth of The Great Rift Valley but I'd settle for a short ride in a Police Helicopter.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Jen
Welcome to the forum, hope you find the forum useful. Being a first year student nurse you have started on an exciting journey. As someone who has practiced as a nurse for 40 years I know you will enjoy it.

Reactions: Freema