Type 2 Life insurance?

Waterlady

Hi everyone!

Bit of a random one maybe, so my husband’s recently been diagnosed with diabetes and has now been confirmed that it’s type 2. Now we had joint life insurance (UK) prior to this, but they have contacted us stating that his critical illness cover has been cancelled and his premium has gone up. What I would like to know is if anyone has been successful finding joint life insurance (or even if it’s separate that’s fine) that allows you to have critical illness cover with a diagnosis of type 2? I’ve had a look at beagle street which won’t even insure him and we were with legal and general before.

Thank you

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

Bit of a random one maybe, so my husband’s recently been diagnosed with diabetes and has now been confirmed that it’s type 2. Now we had joint life insurance (UK) prior to this, but they have contacted us stating that his critical illness cover has been cancelled and his premium has gone up. What I would like to know is if anyone has been successful finding joint life insurance (or even if it’s separate that’s fine) that allows you to have critical illness cover with a diagnosis of type 2? I’ve had a look at beagle street which won’t even insure him and we were with legal and general before.

Thank you

Hello there Waterlady - I'm rather puzzled that you suggest your insurers are removing your husband's cover?

Usually the underwriting happens at the outset and cover continues, irrespective of any changes in circumstances, provided the application was truthful, the policy was in place, and the first premium paid. How long had the policy been live?

There are a few exceptions to this usual way of doing things, but it really isn't too usual. Have you had all of their decisions in writing, including explanations?