1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Life Without Diabetes

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by Little Bird, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Little Bird

Little Bird · Well-Known Member

Hi Peeps,

Apologies if this has already been shared elsewhere, if so I missed it sorry.

If anyone is interested there is a new book out by Prof Roy Taylor called Life Without Diabetes, was only released a few weeks ago. I have read it (cost me £7.80 on Amazon) and found it very fascinating. The dietary advice itself was a bit belated having already achieved remission but it really helped me to better understand type 2. I realise it may not be everyone's cup of tea of course but it is certainly an interesting read for anyone with diabetes.

I have no connection whatsoever with Prof Taylor and in no way benefit from promoting his book, I just think it a useful book for understanding diabetes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, @Little Bird. I agree with you, Prof. Roy Taylor has a thorough understanding of some of the processes underlying T2 diabetes and he has definitely advanced our understanding, so should definitely be worth a read.

(Just to clarify that doesn't mean I believe that low calorie diets are the only way to approach T2.)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Guna108

Guna108 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I've just ordered it.

4. t1234

t1234 · Newbie

I just finished reading the book. And I have decided to go on the ND. I am thinking of going with Kee Diet soups and shakes. Had a taster meal yesterday night, it is not too bad :)

5. Little Bird

Little Bird · Well-Known Member

Hi @t1234 , I saw your question about Kee diet shakes on another thread but thought it more appropriate to answer here. I've no idea about Kee meal replacement myself but from Prof Taylor i understood that any meal replacement brand will work as long it within the specified calorie range and is a true meal replacement rather than a protein supplement. Personally I would be check the ingredients for sugar content but that's just me, prof Taylor says the calorie and vits minerals etc are what matter. Whatever you choose i wish you all the luck in the world and hope you successfully achieve a good outcome :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook