Life Without Diabetes

Little Bird

Hi Peeps,

Apologies if this has already been shared elsewhere, if so I missed it sorry.

If anyone is interested there is a new book out by Prof Roy Taylor called Life Without Diabetes, was only released a few weeks ago. I have read it (cost me £7.80 on Amazon) and found it very fascinating. The dietary advice itself was a bit belated having already achieved remission but it really helped me to better understand type 2. I realise it may not be everyone's cup of tea of course but it is certainly an interesting read for anyone with diabetes.

I have no connection whatsoever with Prof Taylor and in no way benefit from promoting his book, I just think it a useful book for understanding diabetes.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting, @Little Bird. I agree with you, Prof. Roy Taylor has a thorough understanding of some of the processes underlying T2 diabetes and he has definitely advanced our understanding, so should definitely be worth a read.

(Just to clarify that doesn't mean I believe that low calorie diets are the only way to approach T2.)

Reactions: Lotties

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Peeps,

Apologies if this has already been shared elsewhere, if so I missed it sorry.

If anyone is interested there is a new book out by Prof Roy Taylor called Life Without Diabetes, was only released a few weeks ago. I have read it (cost me £7.80 on Amazon) and found it very fascinating. The dietary advice itself was a bit belated having already achieved remission but it really helped me to better understand type 2. I realise it may not be everyone's cup of tea of course but it is certainly an interesting read for anyone with diabetes.

I have no connection whatsoever with Prof Taylor and in no way benefit from promoting his book, I just think it a useful book for understanding diabetes.
Thanks for sharing. I've just ordered it.

t1234

I just finished reading the book. And I have decided to go on the ND. I am thinking of going with Kee Diet soups and shakes. Had a taster meal yesterday night, it is not too bad :)

Little Bird

I just finished reading the book. And I have decided to go on the ND. I am thinking of going with Kee Diet soups and shakes. Had a taster meal yesterday night, it is not too bad :)
Hi @t1234 , I saw your question about Kee diet shakes on another thread but thought it more appropriate to answer here. I've no idea about Kee meal replacement myself but from Prof Taylor i understood that any meal replacement brand will work as long it within the specified calorie range and is a true meal replacement rather than a protein supplement. Personally I would be check the ingredients for sugar content but that's just me, prof Taylor says the calorie and vits minerals etc are what matter. Whatever you choose i wish you all the luck in the world and hope you successfully achieve a good outcome :)

Reactions: Lizzyr59