Light sensitivity following retinal screening

Megsdad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So, having lived with T2D for about a year now, I've been for a second retinal screening. Everything was very bright for a few hours after, but now I seem to be more sensitive to bright lights than before.
Can this be a thing? Nothing mentioned by the practitioner at the time.
Anyone else with any similar experiences?

Beth.uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So, having lived with T2D for about a year now, I've been for a second retinal screening. Everything was very bright for a few hours after, but now I seem to be more sensitive to bright lights than before.
Hi, were you dilated? If so your pupils will be bigger which allows in more light, this can up to 6-8 hours to wear off and be uncomfortable in bright light..... Eye colour plays a part, the lighter your colour the more sensitive to light you are generally.

Reactions: noblehead

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
did you have the "photo " screening or a more In depth screening with drops prior to examination.

Both procedures can leave you with sensitivity for a day or so after.

I always bring sunglasses with me to screenings to assist in the "aftereffects"

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Dilation can last a while and make normal daylight seem very bright. It doesn't normally last more than the day for me, though. Might be worth querying if it's still sensitive after a few days or you notice your pupils are still dilated. Take care