Lightbulb moment for diet

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Yes I know everyone says porridge is high carb, but it’s slow release so I’m never hungry afterwards( I only have a small bowlful) and I can happily last till 1.30 and go on a bike ride as well. I have no diabetic symptoms (apart from the hba1c) and my BMI is within normal range but I’m not the weight I was at 18. Dr Michael Mosely has reversed his diabetic status by doing the 800 calorie diet. The low carb diet has done nothing for my blood sugar count or reduced my weight. If I lose a stone it’ll take me to just over what I was when I went to PE college. x
Yes I know everyone says porridge is high carb, but it’s slow release so I’m never hungry afterwards( I only have a small bowlful) and I can happily last till 1.30 and go on a bike ride as well. I have no diabetic symptoms (apart from the hba1c) and my BMI is within normal range but I’m not the weight I was at 18. Dr Michael Mosely has reversed his diabetic status by doing the 800 calorie diet. The low carb diet has done nothing for my blood sugar count or reduced my weight. If I lose a stone it’ll take me to just over what I was when I went to PE college. x
As others have mentioned there are various options to try and sustainably lose weight, reduce fatty liver. I'm also in the camp of wanting to lose 1.5 stone of excess body fat!

But please be aware that Prof Taylor's diet approach was designed for and tested on obese or morbidly obese individuals to identify a cost effective alternative to gastric bypass surgery. I think his team have started clinical trials in non obese diabetics to see if the same diet approach can help create/sustain T2 remission, but probably a couple of years before the results will be published.

So if Prof Taylor's 800 cal diet doesn't do the trick, don't despair! Low carb, Keto, intermittent fasting are other options to explore.

Reactions: HSSS and KK123