Limited movement in foot

PatsyB276

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I was diagnosed as type 2 about 2 months ago. This morning my bloods were 14.3. A little up from the 12.2 I got down to. They were 27.1 when diagnosed. I am worried that nobody seems to think this is a problem! I am on Metformin 1000 am and pm.

My problem is that I have tingling down my leg and a lack of movement in my foot. I can move it round but not lift it up.

Should I be worried?

Lazybones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those B/G levels are still way too high, though it's good to see that you are succeeding in getting them down. Being on such a high dose of the Metformin seems to be having an effect.
I would suggest that you either make an appointment ASAP to see you GP to discuss the problems that you are having with lifting your leg and the 'Pins and Needles' as these can be common problems for someone who has diabetes and if not address they could get worse over time.
If you have no success with your GP then it might be well worth your time calling by at your local A & E or failing that seek help on the 111 non-emergency NHS helpline.
Please let us know how you get on - Good Luck.

campbellr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic being non mobile and in wheelchair !!
I agree with above you need to get this checked out as a matter of urgency. Dvt also needs to be ruled out.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@PatsyB276 , this could be cellulitis and if it is it need treating so a visit to your gp is best sooner rather than later as it could leave you with restricted movement for a long time.

PatsyB276

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you. I went to the Doctor and they have taken bloods which I am waiting for the results. I will let you know.

PatsyB276

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Okay. Here is my update. I am being sent for an urgent appointment with neurologist about my foot. They have ruled out a mild stroke, MS, Cancer etc. Tablets are not working and my bloods have gone up! I am now going onto Insulin and have an appointment for this next week.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app