Liquid diet

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Is there anyone who can help me figuring out a 100 percent liquid diet?
Tried the medical help route for this but they just don't have time or skills maybe?
I can work out the insulin for it. I just need the info. And I have searched online but can't find a 100 percent liquid diet. With things to drink- not pudding not ice cream not oatmeal but a LIQUID diet. Carb or low carb is fine. I just badly need advice on this.
I do have a few protein drinks but I can't survive on 2 of them its only 300 calories.
Thanks

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My dad was on a liquid diet in his last months and they just used to liquidise normal foods, if it was too thick they would add gravy, milk or even just hot water depending on the food. He was T2 on insulin

uebtvsdfkjln

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Check out companies such as Soylent or Huel. They offer complete liquid food packages.

I know two people who survive on diets of these things exclusively. Out of laziness or a lack of interest in food, I might add, nothing medical.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate to resort to fruit juice.
I'm trying to lower salt intake too so veggie juices are hard to find.
So far I have some oj for potassium to help feet cramps.
And soup and a 30 gram protein 1 gram sugar 4 gram carbs drink a day.
I definitely shud have more shudnt I?

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Check out companies such as Soylent or Huel. They offer complete liquid food packages.

I know two people who survive on diets of these things exclusively. Out of laziness or a lack of interest in food, I might add, nothing medical.
I will see if I can find some.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My dad was on a liquid diet in his last months and they just used to liquidise normal foods, if it was too thick they would add gravy, milk or even just hot water depending on the food. He was T2 on insulin
I found a site with info. On pureed veges. I haven't tried it yet . Waiting for affordable vegetables first.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
When I was having issues keeping food down some years ago I used to soft boil an egg and just eat the runny yolk. and tinned soups had all the bits removed with a sieve.

Protein ideas:
Can you make a runny egg custard? Eggs, milk, plus sweetener if needed. If it overcooks and goes lumpy then blend it.
What about a thin cheese sauce? I make mine with cream cheese and grated cheddar, plus black pepper but no flour - you can add milk or broth to thin it down more.

Reactions: EllieM

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if my story is helpful. Many moons ago, probably in the late 1980's I answered an advert for volunteers to participate in a diet plan for 12 weeks. I signed up and promised to stick to a milkshake diet (3 milkshakes or soup a day that came out of a packet, the shakes could be turned into a mousse by mixing the contents with less water). As a group we had to visit the Leader's home every other evening after work to have our urine tested, making sure we were in ketosis and therefore not cheating.

The leader had to attend a seminar every month in Cambridge, we were led to believe it was at a university, though we had no evidence.

If you Google 'Cambridge Diet' it comes up with different shake diets, probably they are off-springs of the diet set up by 'Leaders' of the original Cambridge Diet. BTW I think I lost about 5 stones over those 12 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM
Exante or slim and save were on on one of the programmes on telly a couple of years ago they do shakes they are similar to slimfast depending on weight you do I think 3 or 4 shakes a day they also do some meals which are powder you mix with water and very sloppy

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there anyone who can help me figuring out a 100 percent liquid diet?
Tried the medical help route for this but they just don't have time or skills maybe?
I can work out the insulin for it. I just need the info. And I have searched online but can't find a 100 percent liquid diet. With things to drink- not pudding not ice cream not oatmeal but a LIQUID diet. Carb or low carb is fine. I just badly need advice on this.
I do have a few protein drinks but I can't survive on 2 of them its only 300 calories.
Thanks

Do you have a liquidiser? They are pretty effective at turning lumps into liquid, more water = more liquid. It involves cooking and then liquidising. I can't remember if you are vegetarian / vegan / non-dairy, but even chicken cut up small can be liquidised once cooked.