Liver and blood sugar

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I've mentioned before I have a fatty liver & I've probably have had a high atl for 3 years now, my question is I've asked my doctor whether its causing me to have higher than usual blood sugar levels but she told me to not worry. I'm losing weight I've lost 1.5kg already. I just want more motivation since my low carb isn't helping morning blood sugar levels I know something about "dawn phenomenon" but I eat around 6pm and I wake up around 8am so its upsetting to see my blood sugar levels in the 9-10 range. I'm just thinking whether the fat around the liver may effect the blood sugar levels.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fatty liver and Insulin Resistance go together. Improve the fatty liver and given time the glucose readings will improve. As to Dawn Phenomena, this is not set in stone, stress, poor sleep, infection etc can affect it. And it is not always at dawn, it can happen at any time of the day.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I've mentioned before I have a fatty liver & I've probably have had a high atl for 3 years now, my question is I've asked my doctor whether its causing me to have higher than usual blood sugar levels I'm losing weight I've lost 1.5kg already. I just want more motivation since my low carb isn't helping morning blood sugar levels I know something about "dawn phenomenon" but I eat around 6pm and I wake up around 8am so its upsetting to see my blood sugar levels in the 9-10 range. I'm just thinking whether the fat around the liver may effect the blood sugar levels.
Fatty liver and Insulin Resistance go together. Improve the fatty liver and given time the glucose readings will improve. As to Dawn Phenomena, this is not set in stone, stress, poor sleep, infection etc can affect it. And it is not always at dawn, it can happen at any time of the day.

I'm having another liver profile check done soon, my atl was 166 in August, so ideally I hope to see an improvement, I've cut out fruit and drinks and starting low carb so hopefully my numbers come down. As far as my hba1c % its 62 and I'm having that checked too I'm definitely hoping for a improvement I've lost 1.5kg so let's see.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm having another liver profile check done soon, my atl was 166 in August, so ideally I hope to see an improvement, I've cut out fruit and drinks and starting low carb so hopefully my numbers come down. As far as my hba1c % its 62 and I'm having that checked too I'm definitely hoping for a improvement I've lost 1.5kg so let's see.
It has been shown that fatty liver can start to improve very quickly (sometimes within just a few days) after changes in dietary intake. Cutting down on carbs especially fructose can only help your liver. Good luck.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has been shown that fatty liver can start to improve very quickly (sometimes within just a few days) after changes in dietary intake. Cutting down on carbs especially fructose can only help your liver. Good luck.

Thanks