Livid with teacher.

Diabetesmum 2

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daughter is 7. She is having a terrible time because her b***h of a teacher won't let her go for a wee during class time. She could hardly walk on Friday when she came out at hometime as she was so desperate. Any advice?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Complain to the head teacher is the first step
CAROL

Happyhomelands

My daughter is 7. She is having a terrible time because her b***h of a teacher won't let her go for a wee during class time. She could hardly walk on Friday when she came out at hometime as she was so desperate. Any advice?
I would talk to the teacher and explain. Once one child goes the class often perform a Mexican toilet trip, which is very disruptive to learning. However teachers are human and will be mortified to know that they misjudged a child's toilet need. She may need a silent signal to leave the room or an agreement about how often to go. This should be easy to sort. If the teacher resists then speak to the Headteacher. It's a very common conversation which should be easy to sort. Good luck.

Diabetesmum 2

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would talk to the teacher and explain. Once one child goes the class often perform a Mexican toilet trip, which is very disruptive to learning. However teachers are human and will be mortified to know that they misjudged a child's toilet need. She may need a silent signal to leave the room or an agreement about how often to go. This should be easy to sort. If the teacher resists then speak to the Headteacher. It's a very common conversation which should be easy to sort. Good luck.

Yes I have spent time in my dds primary school classes over the years. I honestly admit if I were a teacher I would say no. I however thought they had to let children go who have medical problems.

D

Deleted Account

Sorry to read about your problems.
There seems to be some great advice above about talking to your daughter's teacher and/or head.
I was also wondering if it was worth talking to your daughter to understand why she needed to go during class. Had she drunk too much or has her BG been high?

Reactions: Happyhomelands