Living Well Taking Control course

Demodog

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Visits to doctors. They keep finding more things to give me a hard time with.
Has anyone been on the LWTC course? My GP has suggested that I go.

I am already dreading the idea that it's going to be nothing more than a 1 size fits all lecture with unqualified leaders who just repeat 'facts' from a script with no account taken of individual differences.

If it's just going to be a series of State the Obvious talks about eat less, move move I swear I'll lose the plot.

Can anyone give me any positive reports?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My 'living well' course was exactly that.

4x2hr sessions.
One covered food groups, energy conversion, choices in a well balanced diet and one was understanding food labels.

Everyone seemed to get something from it.
But I was a bit bored, to be honest. Getting weighed and losing was best part, for me.

Demodog

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Visits to doctors. They keep finding more things to give me a hard time with.
My 'living well' course was exactly that.

4x2hr sessions.
One covered food groups, energy conversion, choices in a well balanced diet and one was understanding food labels.

Everyone seemed to get something from it.
But I was a bit bored, to be honest. Getting weighed and losing was best part, for me.

Thank you. The getting weighed part just sounds like adding insult to injury to me but I'm glad you found it useful.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you. The getting weighed part just sounds like adding insult to injury to me but I'm glad you found it useful.
Only because I was losing on low carb from here. If I'd been adding, like my norm normal I would have hated it thou.
Mine was part of my necessities for bariatric surgery weight loss programme.

Yours my be different. I guess will depend on host and if same thing.

Let me know how it goes, please.