Lo dough

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Whoever wrote about lo dough and introduced me to this albeit indirectly.

A big thank you. My bank balance isn’t thanking you. But thank you. Have joined the subscription.

Had pizza last night and sugars actually dropped rather than rose, which allowed me to eat raspberries and lashings of cream

If it helps with my enjoyment of lunches it will be worth it

Reactions: KK123 and Prem51

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was the one who posted about Lo-Dough. Yes it is a bit pricey but as it makes a near normal pizza base my husband is well pleased with it as he loved pizza before diabetes . I have used it for a quiche base that was good but haven't tried it as a wrap yet. Pleased you are enjoying it

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just discovered Lo dough and used it as a base for a very tasty red pepper and feta quiche . It's a Joe Wicks recipe on the itv Lorraine website but I can't post the link.

Squeekyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
TV: don't watch TV, find most programs boring.Don't have a telly now but do watch videos now & then on a monitor.
Hi@Claire Chachacha
Can you say where you bought the Lo dough from please?
Regards
Squeekyboy

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I bought a sample of the Lo Dough, hats off to peeps who like it, but I thought it was awful. It was like eating Polystyrene. I ordered 2 pieces. When it arrived I thought that there was nothing in the package it was so light in weight. I made a Pizza with it and the texture was off to me, and also the taste. If I want a Pizza now, I will make it from the DietDoctor website, Fat Head Dough. It does not take long to whip up and so much cheaper than the Lo-Dough.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People have posted varying reactions to Lo-Dough, ever since it was launched, a couple of years ago.
There has been a lot of sampling of it on the Low Carb What Did You Eat Today thread.

We bought 2 packs, around a year ago, because Mr B liked it as wraps and pizza. I was less impressed.

If you want low carb wraps there are much cheaper ones. My favourites used to be made of coconut pulp. Surprisingly good.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mixed opinions on Lo Dough?

It came up on my Facebook account today. I looked it up and then searched the forum archives. It could be a winner for us as we all like pizza.

Dissapointing that some were not too keen on it. But maybe I should just try it.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It came up on my Facebook account today. I looked it up and then searched the forum archives. It could be a winner for us as we all like pizza.

Dissapointing that some were not too keen on it. But maybe I should just try it.
I know some like it, I got some - it serves a purpose as a carrier I suppose but for me it's just expensive cotton wool, it has no taste or texture and disintegrates very quickly once you wrap anything in it.

For pizzas I didn't try it but imho there are far nicer and easier low carb pizza bases to make Diet Doctor has at least 3 recipes including fat head dough

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Get some to try. It doesn't taste like cardboard or disintegrate, put some no sugar pasta sauce on it, loads of herbs and LOADS of grated mozzarella. Add picante meats etc and it is a very handy not cooked from scratch meal, for a change.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Get some to try. It doesn't taste like cardboard or disintegrate, put some no sugar pasta sauce on it, loads of herbs and LOADS of grated mozzarella. Add picante meats etc and it is a very handy not cooked from scratch meal, for a change.
Oh, and I would add that I HAVE done fathead etc, this you just shove in the oven, have a day off from cooking from scratch

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have convinced me. I agree sometimes it’s helpful not to cook from scratch, especially where time and culinary skills are lacking, which is the case for me.

Thanks.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - bit defensive there @welovedzig - @Listlad simply asked for opinions of peoples experiences with the lo dough and I simply gave mine - like I said in my reply some people like it and that's fine :)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The real acid test for me will be getting it past my wife and daughter. Hopefully I can succeed without too much whingeing from the two of them. :D