Locked thread

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi. I wondered if someone could tell me what the lock symbol on katieandthe3cats thread signifies?
Cheers

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Leeannea

Thanks for asking the question. I am sure you are not the only person wondering. :)

Threads get locked by moderators, as a moderation team decision.
It is never a decision that we take lightly, and it can be for a number of reasons, including those listed below.

Sometimes a fight breaks out on a thread that no one seems able to settle amicably.
Sometimes a thread has run its course and drifted off track to the extent that it is better to just end the derailment.
Sometimes a thread is locked for legal, ethical, moral or emotional reasons.
Sometimes the person who started the thread asks for it to be locked or removed from sight.

We don't always make the reason public, but rest assured that the decisions are made for good reasons. :)

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi @Leeannea

Thanks for asking the question. I am sure you are not the only person wondering. :)

Threads get locked by moderators, as a moderation team decision.
It is never a decision that we take lightly, and it can be for a number of reasons, including those listed below.

Sometimes a fight breaks out on a thread that no one seems able to settle amicably.
Sometimes a thread has run its course and drifted off track to the extent that it is better to just end the derailment.
Sometimes a thread is locked for legal, ethical, moral or emotional reasons.
Sometimes the person who started the thread asks for it to be locked or removed from sight.

We don't always make the reason public, but rest assured that the decisions are made for good reasons. :)

Thanks so much for the great explanation, I appreciate it.
Kind regards
Leeanne