Lone working and Diabetes

S

Shar67

There are many lone worker techno gadgets out, there is no need for anyone to be told they cannot do it.
My old job lone workers used the solutions the work sold to other companies, all that was need is a smart phone, unique pin and lone worker call centre number. You dial call centre enter pin and how long you need before activations, phone will call you you enter pin phone resets either to off or repeats process, if you don't answer you are called if still no answer, help is sent.

Reactions: 2 people

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never been told that by my employer. Although my work has a rule though that no one is to be on the floor before 7.30 am and usually that means the time at least one supervisor gets to work. So when I get to work there is usually a few people already on the floor. What I have been told though is I have to notify if I have a hypo at work and they explained that is just a duty of care issue in that they need to make sure I'm ok, and also that I don't process customer records incorrectly... they'd prefer I took a break to recover than soldier on with work and possibly make errors.