Type 1 Long lasting headache

Sarebear86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've had a headache that keeps coming and going for 4 days now and it's driving me nuts! Here's my history for past few months... I've been receiving treatment for my eyes for around two years now and they've finally stabilised, and I am now having lucentis injections on a only if I need it basis. I was put on metformin a few months ago to help with my dawn phenomenon which helped amazingly and I lowered my basal to 16 from 40 but was causing me stomach issues so was given the slow release version. As soon as I went on this my sugars went crazy high, waking up in the night because they were in the teens and 20's! So I started increasing my basal again but no help so asked GP and she said it was fine to go back to original metformin if I didn't mind the stomach problems. So for two weeks I've been back on original metformin and overnight sugars have been improving again. My question is does anyone else suffer with headaches if their sugars have been all over the place or is this something non-related that I need to get checked out? I should point out that I normally get headaches around my eyes and my temple, not at the top of my head where this hurts and not this pressure I feel in my head, thanks for any advice anyone can offer!