Type 1 Long time no talk

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone, It’s me Jed.
How has everyone been, is anyone under isolation due to corona, and have put yourself in quarantine, to be safe from the germs outside caused by the corona-virus. Is anyone struggling to keep their blood sugar levels on a good number while stuck at home, are you keeping up with exercise and eating enough carbs to have your daily insulin?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi Jed, I’m one of the older T1s so come into the 70+ bracket. We’ve been out for the occasional walk in the woods and our neighbour is doing our shopping, as well as a recent delivery from a local veg fruit and plants shop. I suppose we’re lucky that we still had a lot of the Brexit stash when the semi-lockdown was declared.
I don’t know how I’d be behaving if I were younger, but I guess I still wouldn’t want to get it even if my blood sugar levels were good. It’d be a hard call if I had to use up holiday or resign from work.
I find bloods easier to track now than when I was first diagnosed over fifty years ago - the tech developments have been brilliant, but even so I have the occasional day when they go haywire.
How are you doing? Are you finding social distancing irksome? Are you able to get what you want to eat? Have you been able to use up all that young person energy? And exercise, which makes bloods so much better, have you fitted it into the hour a day?