Longest life of a Dexcom sensor??

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am really chuffed that my first Dexcom sensor is still stuck and accurate on day 17.

What’s the longest time you’ve had one last??

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Sounds close to a record. Of course there is the risk of infection as a possible downside to repeated attempts.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @donnac1968 . 17 days is good. I'm currently on my 9th sensor. I average about 21 days. I usually reboot for the second time and they then start to play up a day or so later. Longest yet has been 24 days if memory serves me right. Had one that only lasted 9 days, strangely this coincided with me having Aussie flu. Maybe a connection between having a virus and it affecting the sensor.
Good luck with the sensors. 24 to beat:):):)

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have absolutely no scientific basis for this at all, but I do wonder how much of it is how your immune system and body 'reacts' to the sensor. I can always tell when I'm not going to get that long out of it, because it tends to be sore and itchy from the minute it goes in, whereas the ones that last and last, I can barely tell it is there. Sometimes, if it only lasts a week, and it's been sore and itchy, the site looks....awful.... when I take it out.