Longest T2 s without insulin

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must agree bulkbiker. I have been t2 for 20 years now been on lots of different meds over the years but nothing ever explained frankly or fully. I watched that and from then started LCHF diet and doing really well. It is all about what you eat. So Tourette's I don't know your age or forgive me for being frank over weight, if you are able to exercise. If you can answer yes to both of the above LCHF diet is the way to make sure that your meds won't increase or even maybe reduce them. Get your hba1c down for the next 3 month test that your nurse should make you have if not remind them that you need one.
One thing to remember is that if you feel like cheating it's only yourself that it's harming. I have made umpteen excuses about having chocolate or chips or white bread. But I now realise it's only killing me no one else.
The forum is always here and every emotion every hard time and every symptom of diabetes you may have their is someone on here that has had the same. So just ask for advise or help. We are a very big family with the same complaint none of us think it's fair that we have it but all together we can get through it.

robin47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I have been type 2 for 4 years. HbA1c was 8.7% in Dec 13 so went on Starch based, High Carb,Low Fat diet and in Dec 14 got 6% and in Dec 15(last week) again got 6%. Following Dr John McDougal(The Starch Solution)

Dusk71

Hi .. I was diagnosed t2 17 years ago. Am on met and gliclazide. I started lchf on 1 Jan 2016... I saw my dn today and garbled out to her about my new found diet... Expecting a non too impressed response. However she just said.. Whatever you decide is best I will support u with it!! Then gave me a new testing monitor!! Happy days :) I fully intend to drop the glic very quickly .

Reactions: 2 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi .. I was diagnosed t2 17 years ago. Am on met and gliclazide. I started lchf on 1 Jan 2016... I saw my dn today and garbled out to her about my new found diet... Expecting a non too impressed response. However she just said.. Whatever you decide is best I will support u with it!! Then gave me a new testing monitor!! Happy days :) I fully intend to drop the glic very quickly .
This was the same for me. New meter since my older one had been withdrawn by manufacturer. Test strips in support too. There are some good eggs around, despite what is sometimes written in angst here in the forum. I am pleased with my team. Next week may be different since I have my GP review, and will owning up to ditching the statins. (Thats a different story being told elsewhere).

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed T2 10 years ago and managed it for the first 8 years entirely by diet and exercise alone, until going on to Metformin early last year. Since converting to LCHF I've now reduced the Metformin and my goal is to be med-free altogether. Insulin has never been suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Dusk71

I am pleased with my team. Next week may be different since I have my GP review, and will owning up to ditching the statins. (Thats a different story being told elsewhere).[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that goes! I'm keen to reduce my Med's and as I said in my post... I'm hoping to drop gliclazide soon. I'm interested to know how your gp reacts and your results of course! Good luck

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
To go back to original post I've had type 2 for 10yrs 9.3/4 of them on Metformin but have recently become meds free after adopting a LCHF diet. Now diet + exercise controlled and feeling really well.