Looking for feedback on a new article on insulin

Caleb Murdock

I have added an article to my blog entitled "Instructions for Taking Insulin for Type-2 Diabetics", and I thought that those of you who take insulin might be interested in reading it and giving me your opinion. When I was first prescribed insulin last March, I was really in the wilderness, and this article contains the information that I wish my doctor had given me.

I am in the U.S., and in a table in the article I use U.S. blood-sugar measurements. Soon I will add the English measurements (mmol/L). I'm trying to find a way to add those measurements without making the table look too busy.

I gave the article to my doctor on my last visit, and he was very receptive to it, but I haven't gotten any feedback from him.

When I was prescribed insulin, my doctor sent a nurse into the room to answer my questions, but it was clear that she knew very little. I asked her the two questions that I could think of, but there was so much more I needed to know that I didn't ask about. I think this article contains all the info that a diabetic needs. Here it is:

http://www.calebmurdock.com/2011/12/ins ... n-for.html

My blog is completely non-commercial, so I think it's within the rules for me to post this link.

Oh, for those who wonder why I'm an American posting on a British forum, I just don't like any of the American forums. Even though I use American measurements (mg/dL, Fahrenheit, dollars and cents), this article could still be useful to Brits.