Looking for info on Doctor Pearson and Diabetes free diet

ernie100

Hi
Came across this diet...am sceptical so looked on this forum for feedback and review...to date havent come across any discussion. I am sure that there has been some commentary just cant find it.
If any kind person can point me to it i would be very greatful. Thanks

By the way am T2 with HBA1c72 reading and have decided to take a more aggressive stance and not rely on Metformin increase...am exercising hard and deciding what to do re diet...Low Carb or Dr Pearsons route...so guys lob any comments at me :confused:

Hi guys i have just watched a presentation for a book called diabetes free has any one heard of this doctor or book as he claims to be able to nearly cure diabetes :-?

I have just posted the same question.......spooky

Well I hope we both get a good reply :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

catherinecherub

Apologies to the above posters. There was a blip and the posts were merged by me .:eek:

This book claims to cure all types of diabetes so I would class it as a scam. There is no cure to date for Type1 although researchers and scientists are working hard to find one.
and if it cured Type2 then you would be able to eat anything and not have to worry about your blood sugars.

"The main motto of the Diabetes Cure Programme is to cure any type of diabetes......" Then you are told that it will take 15 days:rolleyes:

You would be better off asking for advice on this forum as to how to manage your diabetes.

Edited to add words from a review.
he Diabetes Cure challenges anyone who has suffered from diabetes or knows the impact it has had on a loved one. The product dares them to believe they can do away with insulin, diabetic drugs, medical devices such as glucose monitors, insulin pumps, and pricey test strips and transform into a new life free from diabetes.

Last edited:

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally, I'm always very wary of anything that offers a "quick fix" for diabetes (or anything else for that matter!).
Plenty of people on here (myself included) have got their T2 under control but it takes time, hard work and dedication :)

I've got my HbA1c down to non-diabetic levels in 3 months by strictly controlling the amount of carbs I eat (< 20g a day), but I would in no way consider myself "cured" because my body still can't process carbs properly (so I still have diabetes)

The best advice I can give is accept you have diabetes and accept it's probably for life. Once you've done that, you need to start working out the best way of managing it and keeping it under control. For some (including myself), that way was LCHF but that's far from the only way and you need to get a meter so you are making informed decisions about what does and doesn't affect your BS levels.

Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 people

ernie100

Personally, I'm always very wary of anything that offers a "quick fix" for diabetes (or anything else for that matter!).
Plenty of people on here (myself included) have got their T2 under control but it takes time, hard work and dedication :)

I've got my HbA1c down to non-diabetic levels in 3 months by strictly controlling the amount of carbs I eat (< 20g a day), but I would in no way consider myself "cured" because my body still can't process carbs properly (so I still have diabetes)

The best advice I can give is accept you have diabetes and accept it's probably for life. Once you've done that, you need to start working out the best way of managing it and keeping it under control. For some (including myself), that way was LCHF but that's far from the only way and you need to get a meter so you are making informed decisions about what does and doesn't affect your BS levels.

Good luck :)
Thank you all for your input. i agree that the Pearson approach is too good tp be true and that the reviews were shall we say fake. I will pursue a low card diet approach and will report back. I admit that I am a carb junkie...as drawn to bread ...

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I admit that I am a carb junkie...as drawn to bread ...

So was I - I was terrified by the prospect of never having bread but surprisingly enough I didn't really miss it after a couple of weeks and I haven't had a single slice of bread this year (or potatoes, pasta, rice, etc).

I have really found my tastes in food changing and I now adore platefuls of vegetables and real, wholesome food whereas before I was diagnosed I'd turn my nose up at veggies and grab some more potatoes :)

Diiya09

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Came across this diet...am sceptical so looked on this forum for feedback and review...to date havent come across any discussion. I am sure that there has been some commentary just cant find it.
If any kind person can point me to it i would be very greatful. Thanks

By the way am T2 with HBA1c72 reading and have decided to take a more aggressive stance and not rely on Metformin increase...am exercising hard and deciding what to do re diet...Low Carb or Dr Pearsons route...so guys lob any comments at me :confused:

Hi guys i have just watched a presentation for a book called diabetes free has any one heard of this doctor or book as he claims to be able to nearly cure diabetes :-?

I have just posted the same question.......spooky

Well I hope we both get a good reply :)
Ok I bought this programme but for the life of me I can't understand the extracts he lists on there for the powder one is supposed to make.is it extract or powdered versions as it is meant o be dry yo keep the powders also thry are hard to source here in nz.so if anyone know please help.i can't review it till I try it.