Looking for other mody folks x

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I’m being tested for Mody at the moment. I will join the “group” if I get a positive test back!

biochemmama

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Have six with MODY2 in my family. There is a vibrant MODY community (1000+members) on Facebook if you do a search. Would love to see a subthread here as well.

mike05

Type of diabetes
MODY
Hi,

I am Mody 3, been diagnosed five years ago and managing it without meds. Always happy to share my experience.

Rgds !

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, I'm MODY HNF4A (the rare type apparently) - diagnosed almost 10 years ago. My mum also has it (but only found out that it was MODY when I was diagnosed) and my brother carries the gene. My mum was told she was Type 1 and treated with insulin for 25 years. My brother's daughter was born with hyperinsulinism due to the gene. Lots going on with us! Nice to meet you all. :)

Fawbs89

Hi all, I'm MODY HNF4A (the rare type apparently) - diagnosed almost 10 years ago. My mum also has it (but only found out that it was MODY when I was diagnosed) and my brother carries the gene. My mum was told she was Type 1 and treated with insulin for 25 years. My brother's daughter was born with hyperinsulinism due to the gene. Lots going on with us! Nice to meet you all. :)
Hi Alice,

Nice to meet you.

I haven't checked into this app in a while.

I'm Mody 3 as are my mum and 2 sisters.

I'm treated with insulin as they always thought I was type 1 and after years of using insulin I didn't want to change to tablets.

My mum and sisters treat using tablets.

Suz\anne

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Insulin
Come say hi..
Hi
I am a mody diabetic. Diagnosed as type 1 back in ‘68 when I was 9
Treated as type 1 most is my life until about 12 yrs ago
Come say hi..
It would be interesting to find out how diabetics have found dealing with their diabetes after finding out they have mody. Sadly, I have found a lot more help is given to type 1. My care has greatly reduced after finding out I don’t have type 1