Looking for some advice after eye laser treatment

Adproc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm new here and have had diabetes for 36 years!

Never really been on any of the forums but on Tuesday I had to have laser treatment on one of my eyes at James Cook Hospital and now having really bad short sightedness in that eye. I went back on Thursday to eye casualty because when I had the treatment I was told it any blurriness would settle down with in a few hours and should go away. But it doesn't seem to settle down. My field of vision seems ok it's just all blurry past my arms length in my right eye that I had treatment on. My eye also feels a bit sore...

When I went on Thursday to find out what's going on they scanned my eyes, checked pressures and had a good look around in them and everything seemed to be in order (they said) They almost looked a little confused about it all and said the eye probably needs time to settle down and get used to the treatment.

My eye sight was perfect before treatment and I could read the bottom line on the Snellen chart with either eye!

Currently I'm pretty scared about this and really hoping it clears up more!

What I would like to find out is if anyone else has has a similar experience after treatment and if so how long did it take to settle down?

Reactions: Trishhh

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Adproc, I am a crow eater from Adelaide.
Not sure why you had the laser therapy but did they mention any possible side-effects to you before you signed the consent form?
And in eye casaulty what happened does sound a bit 'iffy'.
Maybe the doc looking in your eye was a bit juniour??
I suggest you make an appointment with the eye clinic asap for an urgent review.
Meantime rest, "don't drive" is what my doc told me if I could not see well and also "avoid straining, lifting weights etc."
Post again if the eye clinic give you the brush off !!

M

Member496333

Does the blur feel like a focusing issue or is it like you’re looking through a frosted glass window? Perhaps patchy or worse in one area?

Reactions: kitedoc