Losing weight too quickly.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went from around 18 stone down to 10 stone within a couple of months, and then I plateaued at that. I weighed 64.5 kg almost solidly for about 3 years since on a lowish carb regime (non-keto) which is my sweet spot for BMI too.

Then I went into hospital last month and had to eat Eatwell. My weight plummeted down to 58kg in a week or so, but since coming home it is creeping back up, even though I am doing strict LC to get my sugars down again. So t seems LC will find its own plateau which should be ok.

One thing I discovered is that my scales lie to me. Especially, the first step on reading, which I now ignore. I take 3 readings and find on my scales that while readings 2 and 3 come to the same value, reading 1 is almost always about 1 kg higher. It is a quirk of my scales but explains why I disagreed with the practice nurses when they weighed me. Now we agree.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
A lot of the initial weight loss when starting low carb is water weight .

Loss will likely slow as your body adjusts to your new way of eating.

It provides a great incentive but probably won't keep going forever,.. enjoy it while it lasts!
Thank you. Xx

Reactions: bulkbiker

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I’m your height and was your weight

I’ve lost it all and am now 9st 9lbs

I lost it within 15/16 weeks just by moderate low carbs and dapagliflozin but it looks like it was mainly the low carbing

I aimed for 100g daily but it ended up being lower as in 50-75g and I did count calories as I was eating 1400 to 1600 a day 1100 is the lowest and isn’t sustainable in the long run I’d be aiming for 1200/1300 to be honest with some intermittent fasting thrown in.

good luck

plus good to hear that we flatten out on weight loss as I was concerned about being too thin.

mummymerle

Hi. I’m eating very carefully now. Been on metformin (still feel sick) for 2 weeks. So I was 12 8 (5 3). This morning I’m 12 2. I kno this is because I’m only having about 1100 Cals if that; as because I feel sick not really bothered about food (first time ever!). Is this worrying to lose weight this quickly? My fasting blood was 6.2 this morning. Did have a 9.8 2 hrs after last night but went down to 8.5 15 mins after the 2 hrs. Thank you. X
I also haven't been well recently. My Dr asked me has know one ever told you not to take your metformin when your not feeling well . For 16 years know one told me that. I took her advice and low and behold I felt better. Took 16 years to get good advice on a whim if her mentioning it.