cazzyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Has anyone who suffers from Hypo UnAwareness successfully got PIP please
I have got an appeal soon and am panicking Help

leahkian

Do you have any other illnesses? How many times do you have hypos and who helps you? I am not going to lie to you if that is all you have on your form they will likely turn you down but then you appeal against it, now this is what you have to do even though you should not have to. When you have a hypo how long does it take you to recover, have you ever need help from someone or is there someone there with you full time, have you been admitted to hospital. You have to put down the worst day ever and tell them that. Get someone to go with you and they watch how you walk in, see if you keep eye contact, ask about bills who pays them, can you make a meal, can you get ready yourself and a few more questions. As soon as they say that it is over ask for a copy of his or her report and then you can see what they have put down for you and the reason why. My last Pip was done by a physio even though there was nothing in his field. He did put down that i was not trying when i had my thumb and finger together and he could break it, to which their were 4 letters from a diabetic,renal, transplant consultants and one of my GP all telling him that they were reporting him to the medical board as i have nerve damage all over my body and weakness in the hands. So like i say most people get turned down the first time but around 75% win their appeals. There is more information on the internet and you will read other peoples trouble withPip