Type 1 Loss of Sensation

Brookemurph

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
Hope everyone is well :)
I've been experiencing slight, but not complete loss of sensation in my finger tips over the past week or so and I know this could be a serious diabetes related issue.
I was wondering what I should do about it or whether to contact anyone? Like I mentioned, its not complete loss of sensation, they just don't feel quite normal. A little bit numb or dulled sensation I guess.
I'm newly diagnosed and haven't experienced anything like this before! Also haven't had a check up from my diabetes team since Jan but they're adamant that there are no appointments and I'll get one when there is any.

Thanks!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
I've been experiencing slight, but not complete loss of sensation in my finger tips over the past week or so and I know this could be a serious diabetes related issue.
I was wondering what I should do about it or whether to contact anyone? Like I mentioned, its not complete loss of sensation, they just don't feel quite normal. A little bit numb or dulled sensation I guess.
I'm newly diagnosed and haven't experienced anything like this before! Also haven't had a check up from my diabetes team since Jan but they're adamant that there are no appointments and I'll get one when there is any.

Thanks!

Whatever it is, it merits being checked out.

One thing I would advice though is not to be too quick to link everything to diabetes. I know that's tough being newly diagnosed.

Reactions: JMK1954

wheelspinner

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather
Hi all,

Thanks!
I would also look elsewhere. I have spinal damage from a RTC (Road crash) in 1987 and now in a wheelchair, and often get loss of feeling and tingling sensations in my arms and hands, but I do know that it's down to spinal nerve entrapments. sometimes I can move my spine and it clears up, but not always. To be on safe side I hope you can get to see your GP for a check up just to be on safe side. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi,

Have you got a point of contact with your team’s DSN? Preferably a phone number.

I would not wait to get it checked out..

Best wishes.