Louder alarm Freestyle Libre 2 possible?

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Hi everyone,

the Freestyle Libre 2 is finally available in my country. And I wonder, is there any way to have louder/longer high/low alarms?
On the reader I only see one standard alarm option and a general setting for volume (which also affects the scan volume unfortunately).

but what about the FS Libre Link app? Can you set louder alarms or repeating alarms with the app? If so I will finally have to upgrade my iphone se.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

the Freestyle Libre 2 is finally available in my country. And I wonder, is there any way to have louder/longer high/low alarms?
On the reader I only see one standard alarm option and a general setting for volume (which also affects the scan volume unfortunately).

but what about the FS Libre Link app? Can you set louder alarms or repeating alarms with the app? If so I will finally have to upgrade my iphone se.

I'm not sure quite how the whole joining up thing works (Libre/Apps/gadgets), but you could consider a smart watch, which can give you haptic feedback, as well as noise.

In general terms, I have my phone on silent more often that not, as any alarms, timers, or ringing from my phone is set to send a vibration to my wrist.