Low blood sugars

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i was diagnosed may 2017 with LADA diabetes i was put on insulin straight away nova rapid and lantus after about a month i got my bloods under control but soon after i was getting hypos on a regular basis so i stopped taking insulin and monitered my bloods 4 times a day this went on for about 4 months with my levels been fine in the the 4 to 7 range,When i saw my consultant at the hospital i showed him my diary and he was not happy asked why im not using my insulin to which i replyed if my levels are good why do i need to take it,he insisted i take my lantus at night so i did after a week or so i was having hypos again and my habc levels went down to 42 at my next blood tests so i was told to drop my lantus to 8 units a night after a month or so i started to feel ill like i had a virus went from november to april had more bloods done and my habc levels had dropped to 32 at this point i felt really ill and was having server bouts of depression my GP refered me to the mental health unit and to stop my insulin this was about 6 weeks ago i have had no insulin since but im am still getting low levels my last test was 1.9 and i felt like passing out i eat well and dont over exert myself as i am disabled it is getting me down my diabetic nurse and consultant dont listen to what i say keep saying im not eating enough or exercising to much,I have lost my PIP over it as my brain has been all over the show and got my dates mixed up and missed my assessment at my wits end .