low blood sugars

bedshaped2000

last night i had a few drinks but ate accordingley and everything was ok. all day today i have been low. i have increased a few carbs even pushed my luck had some toblerone but every time i check im dropping between 4.6 to 5.1. i normally run at about 5.2 to 6.2 any ideas i wish it could be like this all the time lol but it gives you a false sense of security i fell like im not diabetic today or am i in for a shock tomorrow when the alcahol dissapears :(

anniep

If it is the alcohol lucky you, as alcohol raises my BG for several days. I feel left out of special occasions when I can't join in.

bedshaped2000

try coors low carb bear you get a small rise then a big fall so you can eat about 45 mins after a can or so. whisky cuts through anything even potato. however guiness sends me through the roof so horses for corses

anniep

I've only tried and tested beer and wine, so maybe I should give spirits a go? a good excuse for a night out methinks.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Red wine is good for lowering BGs so you can treat yourself to a glass when you feel like it. :)